Caribou Gear Tarp

Rimfire Rifle Recommendations

I have a Christensen ranger that shoots extremely well. I bought for same reason to have a can on. Once u go suppressed on anything hard to not want 1 for everything.

Ruger 77/22 Hard to beat, however I wouldn't put a can on a "nice" rifle.
I'd get something inexpensive black & plastic to put a can on.

I’ve never built a rifle in my life from different parts - is that a thing for a .22 rim fire? Seems like it would be a fun little project if that’s a thing… or to google actions and stocks!

I have a tikka t1x but for a 17hmr and with a Silencerco Sparrow suppressor. It’s an awesome set up and I’m sure you would be very happy with the t1 for a 22 as well. The gun is amazingly accurate considering its cost and very well made. The suppressors shine brightest on rimfires IMO. Especially with subsonic ammo. During fall, I take the can off the tikka and put it in a Ruger 22 pistol to plink grouse with while hiking.

The new Springfield bolt action seems pretty nice to me
There are several Youtube reviews where the Springfield doesn't feed and doesn't shoot. Also, there are several threads about guys having QC issues with their Springfield Waypoint centerfire rifles...

All manufacturers put out lemons, but so far the customer service demonstrated by Springfield has been passive-aggressive and adversarial. Coupled with their suspect QC I'd say those are a hard pass from me. Shame because on paper they are pretty cool with attractive features...

There are several Youtube reviews where the Springfield doesn't feed and doesn't shoot. Also, there are several threads about guys having QC issues with their Springfield Waypoint centerfire rifles...

All manufacturers put out lemons, but so far the customer service demonstrated by Springfield has been passive-aggressive and adversarial. Coupled with their suspect QC I'd say those are a hard pass from me. Shame because on paper they are pretty cool with attractive features...
That stinks. They’re a great looking gun that seems to handle closer to full size than lots of rimfires as well as accepting 10/22 magazines

I have 2 of the Tikka T1x, they are an awesome little gun, highly recommend getting one, especially if you already have other Tikkas. Not much more fun than a suppressed 22 bolt gun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back