Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Zortman

Flatbrimmer

As some of you know, my family is huge into prospecting for gold. Talk of prospecting zortman has been in the family for years, but it’s not exactly a leisurely drive to recreationally pan with the kids.. I plan on being able to explore and diversify my experience in the breaks this year more so than the past in terms of fishing/prospecting/hunting/meeting others. Killing a nice bull is the endgame- but having a wonderful time, without killing an elk, would not be unsatisfactory.. I’ve seen ONE person in years of threads say don’t bother with the Little Rockies. Other than that- just a bunch of dislike for the commercial mining efforts.. has anyone had experience mining OR hunting the zortman area? Do you or anyone you know have a claim in the area they may let me fart around and dig by hand, or some public land that I may try without the threat of mineral rights trespass? Thanks in advance! Good luck all!

Zortman and Landusky are a flourine based gold deposits . I believe Pony gulch has free gold. You might check with GP AA. They used to have gatherings there. Otherwise there isn't much free gold in the Little Rockies. Feel free to pm me and I will answer any of your questions on gold.

Panning for gold around Zortman most likely would be a good hike and hearing many 4 wheelers and side by sides running around with very little success. It is a great area and a ton of fun but I know that surface gold is around but not abundant. Your mileage may vary.

Nemont

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back