Zeiss 20x60 image stabilised

havgunwilltravel

Just interested to hear people's thoughts on this binocular if they have used them or own a pair.
I have been looking hard to find the right optic to get more legs out of then my Swaro 15's, and was saving for the Kowa Highlanders, but a very good deal came up
on the Zeiss 20 powers and I had to pull the trigger today. Sight unseen, hope I made the right decision or else I have a $1400 pair of binoculars for the trophy room!

I really like using high powered binos versus spotting scopes. For some reason I like using both eyes. I have seen those Zeiss 20x60's on ebyay but they were way more expensive than what you paid. Seems like they were more like 3-4 thousand. Couple of pair on there right now. Curious to see what you think of them. you got a bargain.

I use a pair of Steiner 25x80's glassing from my truck and really like them but I'm sure the glass is not as good as those Zeiss. The other set I would like to try soemday are the Docter 30 x 80's.

Look for ard to reading your review of your new binos.

I really like using high powered binos versus spotting scopes. For some reason I like using both eyes. I have seen those Zeiss 20x60's on ebyay but they were way more expensive than what you paid. Seems like they were more like 3-4 thousand. Couple of pair on there right now. Curious to see what you think of them. you got a bargain.

I use a pair of Steiner 25x80's glassing from my truck and really like them but I'm sure the glass is not as good as those Zeiss. The other set I would like to try soemday are the Docter 30 x 80's.

Look for ard to reading your review of your new binos.

Yes I got a bit lucky on buying a pair that had been in a camera shop for a few years and they wanted to clear old stock. They did have 3K on them but after a chat they were happy to take the $1400, and so was I.

I have considered the big doctor optics and was going to step up to them, but a mate believes the Kowa flourites to be a better glass over the doctors. Any experience with the doctor binoculars at the higher end magnification?

I have to find a tripod mount for the Zeiss or I'll make something up.

Will give you a rundown in a couple of weeks time when I take them for a walk in the bush.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back