MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Youth Turkey

The Viperess

Well youth turkey season here is April 20&21.
so we will be out in the woods with the to younger boy. :D

Good luck on the hunt guys!! :D

I am in my second day of our season and have only got to go once. I had rain and what felt like 90mph winds. The birds would not talk to me so I hope they get feeling more vocal by the end of the week.

I sure hope you guys bag a bird, there is no greater thrill than to have a big ole tom strutting 20 yds away and watch him go down to the muzzle blast from a youngsters gun!! :D :D

Goodluck you guys, tell the boys there going to have to be up before day light and in the woods. And when you think you can't sit still another min go for another five min. and then another five and before you know it, it will all pay off with a tom turkey. BILL

Everything is almost ready. :confused:

Leaving tomorrow right after work (if not sooner) Going to be camping and it will get a little nippy at night but what the heck it still is fun. It will be fun since I do not have to carry a shotgun at all this weekend so my load will be a little lighter than normal. :D

The weather shut em down. Cold front moved in on Saturday and by Sunday Morning the birds were silent.

Had a chance at one but with our rule of the boys not walking the hills with loaded shotguns they coundnt get it. It had walked out only 15-20 yards in front of us . It had a nice beard on it that I estimated at around 8-9 inches. Why they call it hunting. But safety is always first when it comes to my boys.

Next Saturday it is Vipe's and mine turn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back