Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming preference points?

Death From Above

Hey BCAT,

I'm still lookin at a moose hunt but i was wondering if I can buy preference points in Wyoming like you can elsewhere. I don't really have the money to put in for the draw knowing I won't get drawn this year. Thought I might buy preference points for a year or two, and use my money to try for a New Mexican elk this year where my chances are a little better. It sucks having to put tag money up in advance, but I do understand where they are comin from.

Later
DFA

Hey DFA, you can indeed purchase a Moose preference point, for $7.

You have to purchase the point during the same period of time that you would apply for a tag. That would be between Jan 1 and Feb 28.

You can not apply for a tag and buy a poing, it must be one or the other. Also, preference points are accumulated by species, not hunt areas, so don't worry about specific units.

DFA...don't forget for as little as another $7 you can get a pref point for sheep also in Wyoming. Wyoming gives out more sheep tags than any other state. The only almost exception is Montana with their unlimited hunts. Alot of those units in Wyoming are good draw units after 2 or 3 years I will be hunting in Wyo for a moose next year.
Chris

------------------
shooter2.gif
deer2.gif

DFA-I didnt catch this post in time but yes what they said!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Thanks for the info Chris and Raghorn. That definately sounds like the way to go. I'll put in for that sheep too!

Maybe in a few years I can get ol Bcat to put me on one!

Later
DFA

DFA-Will be glad to do it bud when ya draw a tag. they just opened this season here by the house for the first time ever last year and I have seen some whopper moose! Will try to post a picture if I can get one from some friends that live in Ryan Park!!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back