Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming Doe Tags

Summitthunting

I have 2 PP,want to gain a 3rd this year, and want to get a doe tag for unit 72. Is there any way to apply for the doe tag and buy a preference point later. Or do I have to submit a full price application to gain a point and draw the doe tag as a second choice?

Thanks

PPs are not used for the reduced price doe tags and are completely separate from what you're asking. You can buy your PP for a buck license during the application period of 7/1-9/30 and either apply by 3/15 for the doe draw or wait to see if there are leftover tags and buy one or more of them when they go on sale in July. Doing the latter saves you the $14 application fee for the tags.
EDIT: I just went into last years odds and there were 483 doe tags left after the draw in unit 72, so I'd just wait and buy the PP and the tags this summer. You can buy at least 2 tags and in some units you are allowed to buy up to 4 and you can check that on the computer when you go online to buy them in July.

Last edited:
It sounds good on paper but there were only 14 tags remaining for 72 Doe at 8:15 the first day. Best have the finger on the button at 7:59. :hump:

A lot of that left over stuff will be gone in a matter of seconds when they go on sale. This year I'm going to try and be ready.......

I didn't realize 72 was one of those that went that fast opening morning. In that case it's probably smarter to get the tags in the draw (application closes at 5PM Mountain time next Friday) and then see if there are any leftovers available if it's a 4 doe unit or maybe get a couple in a unit close to it if it's not and you want more than two.

It sounds good on paper but there were only 14 tags remaining for 72 Doe at 8:15 the first day. Best have the finger on the button at 7:59. :hump:

Oh I'm quick on the button, I helped my father-in-law get a 63-2 tag, they were gone in 12 seconds I hear. Thanks for clearing it up guys.

hehe there's a trick to it......

There were 153 when they opened the gates. I came back and saved the list 15 minutes into it so I would have some insight for the following year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back