Wyoming Area 5

alwayshunting

I drew a bighorn ewe tags this year in WY. I am super excited because I have always dreamed of a sheep hunt and have a few points in some states but don’t plan to draw anytime soon. I am a nonresident and will be hunting with a friend who is a resident because the hunt is only wilderness. This will be my first backpack hunt and am trying to get prepared for it. I am hoping to go scouting in a month or so if I can get away from work, but was hoping to find someone who has elk hunted or had a bighorn tag in the past with some information about the area. I can hunt the western part of Area 5 along the Greybull and only in wilderness. Does anyone have suggestions for access or where to start scouting? How about just general suggestions for my first backpack hunt? Any kind of information would really be appreciated.

I know a guy who drew a ram tag for that unit and while scouting recently saw 5 grizzlys on one mountain side eating moths.So I think pepper spray or a side arm would be in order.

I have heard quite a bit about the number of bears in the area. I am looking forward to seeing one as long it is at a distance. I will have bear spray with me. With the ram season being before my season I am hoping to here from some succesful ram hunters before I go.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back