Wyoming 73-1

firefranco

Drew a Unit 73-1 tag with my son and brothers. Does anyone have info they could share regarding places to camp, etc.. Debating between camp versus a motel in Casper. Also drew a region W Deer tag and will head there after the Antelope hunt so we will have camp gear with us anyway.

You'll definitely want to camp out in the unit unless you want to do more driving than hunting, especially since you'll be taking that gear along for your W deer hunt. You can camp anywhere that suits you in the unit with all the BLM land there is, except for the private lands near Casper. Take enough gas and water so you don't have to go back to Casper much, if at all, because that's the only town for services near 73. You should do well there, so good luck and the same goes for your deer hunt in W.

Looks like a few hunt talkers have unit 73 tags! Good luck to all of you and don't run over each other out there, LOL!

camp out in the unit,,,its too far to casper,,,,there is not much out there,,bring fuel and water,,only minor items in waltman,and powder river,,there are lopers though.

Good one Dink!!!

Complete thread derail...............

Dink is still a little butt hurt by the fact that I've chosen "The Cush" to receive my pageant skills in the CSEH 2014 contest.

So far I'm 4 and 0 in these beauty contests and I don't plan on losing now.

Wife:

Daughter #1

Daughter #2 and Son - There is an awesome story behind this photo and someday I will tell it. For a teaser, I will say the little guy was a show stopper when he grabbed his pecker and stuck his tongue out at everybody.

Last edited:
Back