Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WTS - Leica Rangemaster 2800.com - WITHDRAWN

A207X2

My wife got me this for Christmas (I picked it out and paid for it LOL). I did a poll on which rangefinder to get, and everyone recommended the Leica. Well, I bought it and took it out it the backyard and am confused as all get out. It's WAY more than what I need - or understand. All I want is just a good rangefinder but I'm really over my head with this one.

I have the case and the manual for it. It's absolutely in brand new condition.

Shipped & insured to your door in lower 48 for $650.

EDIT: Got it figured out thanks to some very supportive people on this forum.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, but understand your predicament.

For those interested in this- I've found the Leica's to be the best Rangefinder on the market. They are the only RF that will not only range a deer or an elk at the advertised distance, but beyond. I have the 1600 and consistently get ranges on critters a touch past that.

I also have mine set up to kick out a ballistic solution for my rifle, taking atmospherics into account, angle, etc., and it's within a half MOA out to past 900 yards. Much better than I can shoot.

Sorry to hear that, but understand your predicament.

For those interested in this- I've found the Leica's to be the best Rangefinder on the market. They are the only RF that will not only range a deer or an elk at the advertised distance, but beyond. I have the 1600 and consistently get ranges on critters a touch past that.

I also have mine set up to kick out a ballistic solution for my rifle, taking atmospherics into account, angle, etc., and it's within a half MOA out to past 900 yards. Much better than I can shoot.
LOL So what you're telling me is this thing is basically a laptop with rings.

LOL So what you're telling me is this thing is basically a laptop with rings.
That's one way to look at it! I'm not sure on yours- but I believe you can also set it up where it will simply kick out an angle compensated range, which would be it's most simplistic mode. I will say though, that if you are bow hunting, there are faster rangefinder's out there that will do just fine for less. For rifle hunting or general shooting, the 1600 from Leica would probably take care of all of your needs, as would this. It may just be a bit of overkill.

OK, so I'm giving the 2800.COM another chance. There's still too much stuff to it, but I'm RTFM and going to watch a couple of YouTubes to try and figure it out. There's this red Secondary Button on it (button #1), but the manual doesn't say anything about it. For the life of me, I can't find what it does LOL

iu

It's the "secondary button". It's how you access and advance through the menu. They reference it very often in the instruction manual, basically every page.2BFC257B-BC3C-42F1-A19C-00A6D2FDC44A.jpeg

@winmag thank you for your post! I went out to Leica and discovered that there is a 338 page Instruction Manual - that was not included with my rangefinder. It turns out that all I received was the Quick Start Guide. I’ve contacted Leica and they are sending me one. In the meantime I was able to download a soft copy of the manual. Got some reading ahead of me.

Ugh! So I know how to do the basics on this, but it's a Ferrari when I'm looking for a Chevy. I got the BlueTooth hooked up to the app, but all the ballistics stuff is still over my head. I'm going to continue to sell it. Thank you all for trying to help me out with it.

You might consider the 2400R; similar horsepower and good leica laser, but far less features.

If you did push through and manage to get it set up properly, it is incredibly simple thereafter. Range your target and it spits out the yardage and your MOA correction amount for you to dial.

Is there a Leica dealer near you that could set it up for you?

Just throwing out ideas so you don't lose money on the situation.

If you did push through and manage to get it set up properly, it is incredibly simple thereafter. Range your target and it spits out the yardage and your MOA correction amount for you to dial.

That's not a bad idea. I'll have to check around and see. I'm sure there's one in the area. Don't know how he'll feel about me not buying it from him though....

That's not a bad idea. I'll have to check around and see. I'm sure there's one in the area. Don't know how he'll feel about me not buying it from him though....
One way to make a good customer tho.
Got any grand kids....LOL
I feel for ya. I have half the stuff on my phone turned off. I just couldn't deal with it.

OK, so I downloaded the INSTRUCTION MANUAL, and spent the evening going through it. I've got it set up now, and have a basic understanding of what I'm doing. Tomorrow I'll go outside and make sure my distances are calibrated. I understand what the ballistics stuff is doing, but the reality is that my Leupold CDS scope is probably going to do what I need these ballistic tables to do, so all I really need is an accurate distance and then set my CDS to the right number.

If I want to revert back to my MIL dials, I would then use the ballistic curves info as my dope tables.

WITHDRAWING FROM SALE.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back