Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

WTS: Howa Alpine Mountain Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor Package

BigSky!

I am selling a very good condition Howa Alpine Mountain Rifle. Why "very good" instead of excellent? Well, there are a few scrapes in the stock. I bought this off of the used rack at Scheels about six months ago and know absolutely nothing about its history. So, I can't in good conscience list it as excellent or above. Until this past weekend, it has just sat in my safe. Once I decided to sell, I figured that anybody interested in it would want to know how it shoots. If you don't shoot with me regularly, you don't know my capabilities so my representation of a 1 MOA gun may be your 2 MOA gun or it may be your one-holer.

Anyway, I had one box of Hornady 147 grain ELD Match so we went to the range and shot those. My son (who just got out of the Army) shot a 3 shot group that was right at 1/2 inch. I told him to make it a five shot group. He did and it grew to a 3/4 inch group. Not wanting to be outdone, after the barrel cooled, I shot a five-shot 1 1/2 inch group. So much for not wanting to be outdone. He shot another 5 shot group that was right at one inch. Anyway, that's what I know about how it shoots with the two of us shooting Hornady match ammo.

I hastily put it together with a Howa 20 moa rail, some cheapo scope rings (I don't even know the brand) and a brand new Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 AHMR2 FFP IR MOA scope. As you can see it has the DBM with the 5-round magazine. To complete this package I am also going to add a ten-round magazine and 200 pieces of once-fired Hornady brass. My price for this entire package is $1250 shipped and insured. I actually think that's a pretty good price for this package. I will sell the rifle alone, along with the 5-round magazine and nothing else for $875 shipped and insured. By the way, as cheapskate as it may sound, the Butler Creek scope covers will not go with this as I have several others of this exact same scope on which I need to use these.
j8V7kmqm.jpg

cqjbpNsm.jpg

Last edited:
The package as seen and offered has now been disassemble and redistributed. Now $850 shipped and insured for the bare rifle, 5- round magazine, 10-round magazine and I will throw in the Howa 1500 aluminum picatinny 20 MOA base.

Thanks for the heads up, but I probably shouldn’t be “trying” to buy anything… but if a wicked deal falls into my lap, then I need to jump on it.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back