Worst Hotel you’ve ever stayed at ..

The Alpine Inn next door is pretty good. John the owner hunts elk and has a few good stories.
Good to know! I’ll be heading back this year it looks like, but giving myself more time to acclimate to the elevation, so barring bad weather hopefully I won’t have to stay in a hotel any.

Plus I invested in better sleeping bags. I tried to get through 1st rifle with a 40 degree bag last time.

Good to know! I’ll be heading back this year it looks like, but giving myself more time to acclimate to the elevation, so barring bad weather hopefully I won’t have to stay in a hotel any.

Plus I invested in better sleeping bags. I tried to get through 1st rifle with a 40 degree bag last time.
I think it's best to camp near where you may be scouting. The Alpine is nothing special. It's always been clean and comfortable to stay. I haven't stayed there for three or four years.

Funny how some of the same "resorts" keep popping up. I will second the Nullaviq Inn in Kotzebue, along with the Casper Motel 6. And glad we made the choice to avoid teh Warbonnet Inn in Browning and just keep on driving.

I worked on a multi-year project mapping the power grid for the entire state of MT. We'd roll in to town and our crew leader would call around until he found the cheapest room, and stick us in them doubled up. It's incredible how run-down and disgusting the vast majority of these motels were. Buildings that driving by you would never guess are still operational. It's much easier to remember the few decent ones than the countless shit-holes.

In the warmer months it was a no brainer to take the $15/night housing perdiem and sleep in a tent in the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hotel in Medicine Bow Wyoming. It was a fire trap that was about 75 yards from the rail line that dozens of coal trains passed by all night. That place would shake like a dog chitting razor blades every time one would go by. But, I did kill thousands of p-dogs around there every summer.

Don’t remember the name but in 2015 stayed in a hotel between Des Moines and Council Bluffs on the way home. I was too tired to care but I felt like there was a body under the mattress because it was so high centered. I have smelled dead bodies too many times and it had that odor also. Good times. Now I just deal with being tired and push the 20 hours straight through, probably need to stop this and just pay for a better hotel.

The Alaskan Hotel & Bar is quite the dive. We went into our room, there were dirty dishes and the bed hadn’t been washed. The shower and bathroom is a multi use facility. Reminded me of the WWII barracks in Fort Leonard Wood.

I don't remember the dive, but it was a "hotel" in Kodiak Is., AK. Got to what I thought was my private room early in the evening, opened the door and noticed five or six beds. I picked a bed and tossed my camping and hunting gear on another couple and thought the space was great. Went someplace to have my last hot cooked meal. Upon returning to the hotel some young guy tried to pick me up. That was weird and really bothered me that whole night. Back to the comfort of my private room, I find a couple new undesirable looking roommates who just arrived, alright.... I get it now with all the beds. One fellow mumbled something about two more roommates will be joining us... when they're through drinking. I checked all my gear and everything seemed to be as I had left it. Now, preparing for the worst, I put all my stuff in a corner next to my bed in anticipation of what was to come. So here we are, one big room, one tiny bathroom, four strangers and myself. Great! I brush my teeth and decided my hot shower will have to wait until after my hunting trip. After a few words with my two new friends about crab boats or something, I crawled into bed in anticipation of a good night's sleep. Soon after, in perfect unison, my roommates start a snoring contest. It really was funny, they were in perfect timing.... they would takes turns in the way they would snort, hoot and hiss. One was a baritone and the other was a bass. I was only about six feet away from the closes nimrod. Somehow, I fell asleep and what I guess a couple hours later was awakened with full lights on in the room and two new "roommates" entered and immediately started arguing with the first two. I'm not even sure if roommate three and four even knew I was in the room. I sensed now that things were going to go South real fast as things heated up and the arguing got louder. I got up, grabbed my shooting stick, showed my presence as if I was "Brock Lesnar" the MMA fighter and yelled something. After a few more exchanges of words in a much lower tone things settled down and the snoring quartet began and continued. Morning finally came, I couldn't get out of that place fast enough to catch my plane to Port Lions. I pretty much slept in peace the next nine nights.

Early 90’s, my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were heading home from Wisconsin Dells late at night. We decided to shack up in Green Bay and booked a room at the Gladstone Motel.
One step in the room and we said “no way.” We got our money back from the angry hotel owner and drove 2 hours home. That hotel is no longer there.
2011, the family and I were heading home from an out-west vacation and decided to stop in the Minneapolis area around 1am.
My brother, who lived nearby gave us the name of a hotel (forgot the name), in Burnsville.
The room was in the back of the hotel, which had no lighting in the parking lot. The room smelled, was filthy and had blood splatter on the wall.
Like others, we slept in sleeping bags and were out the door by 6am.
Not sure if my brother directed us there on purpose or not…..I think he did!

Early 90’s, my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were heading home from Wisconsin Dells late at night. We decided to shack up in Green Bay and booked a room at the Gladstone Motel.
One step in the room and we said “no way.” We got our money back from the angry hotel owner and drove 2 hours home. That hotel is no longer there.
2011, the family and I were heading home from an out-west vacation and decided to stop in the Minneapolis area around 1am.
My brother, who lived nearby gave us the name of a hotel (forgot the name), in Burnsville.
The room was in the back of the hotel, which had no lighting in the parking lot. The room smelled, was filthy and had blood splatter on the wall.
Like others, we slept in sleeping bags and were out the door by 6am.
Not sure if my brother directed us there on purpose or not…..I think he did!
He directed you guys there because his place may have been worse. 😆 lol

I worked Law Enforcement in the Grand Rapids MI metro area.
Got a call of a guy who ran down the second floor hallway, at Motel 6 on 28th st, and dove through the closed window into the parking lot,
When I got in the area, I saw a bloody naked guy running down the middle of Broadmoor.
My backup arrived and we grabbed ahold of the guy and tried to wrestle him to the ground (no Tasers then).
He was whacked on drugs and slimy as hell.
We finally got him down and cuffed after our Sgt. arrived and kicked him in the dick…. Said he tried a common peroneal kick….😂
Lots of good calls at that motel.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back