Winchester 94 .44 Mag

hunter480

Indiana recently began to allow the use of Pistol Cartridge Rifles, (PCR`s) for deer hunting, and I was able to find a great little Winchester 94AE in .44 Magnum. I`m looking forward to killing white-tails with it, and I`ve had it at the range already shooting the new Honrany LeveRevolution ammo. It groups great.

Does anyone else have a .44 mag rifle? How do you clean it? I just had never even considered the cleaning of the bore. Do you use a .30 cal cleaning rod with a patch?

Last edited:
Any rod will do, or a .410/28 gauge shotgun rod.
Does that thing kick or what ?
I had a Marlin .44 lever gun for a while, but sold it. Kicked worse than my .338.
If you reload, play around with some of the slower burning powders like WW296.

Doesn`t seem to kick too bad. I`ve shot it from a lead sled, as well as off hand. I think it`s gonna be a deer killer.

Thanks for your help.

44 Mag.

Hi there,
I have used a 44 mag. lever rifle for several years on these bear and boars and deer here in Georgia for more years than I really want to count. I have never had any prblems with the effectivness in all this time.
Just remember that it is a close range weapon and it will serve you very well. I have nearly always shot the 240 grain hollow point winchester. Just my opinion, for what its worth. Good luck, Cotton Top

I have a Ruger lever action, in .44 Mag. Great Pig killer when I was in Fla. (Try some 180's, they may suprise you)

Cleaning? I just use my regular rod (.27-.33) and don't worry about it. Works just fine.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back