Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wiley One Female Howler

Clint,

I didn't mean to put you on the spot, it's just that I checked your profile, and other than this thread, you had only one post here.
I didn't recognize you, as you do me?

"what am I hoping to get out of a nice small howler and an open reed distress call?"

I am not looking to get anything, just the promise that you'll either use the call, and take good care of it, or give it to someone who will.
I only make a couple dozen calls a year, so you won't get one tomorrow, but you're on "the list"... you'll have one by the time the young of the year are ready.

Looks like you live somewhere with a lot more coyotes than we got.

CoyoteBlaster,

I don't like Dodges, doesn't make steel a bad material.

I don't like the Dan Thompson RDH either, the body is too thick (deadening the sound), and the toneboard takes too much air to drive.

I like some plastic howlers, I just don't dig 'em. Being plastic isn't what makes them work well. ;)

Krusty
wave1.gif

website

Krustyklimber said:
Clint,

I didn't mean to put you on the spot, it's just that I checked your profile, and other than this thread, you had only one post here.
I didn't recognize you, as you do me?

"what am I hoping to get out of a nice small howler and an open reed distress call?"

I am not looking to get anything, just the promise that you'll either use the call, and take good care of it, or give it to someone who will.
I only make a couple dozen calls a year, so you won't get one tomorrow, but you're on "the list"... you'll have one by the time the young of the year are ready.

Looks like you live somewhere with a lot more coyotes than we got.

CoyoteBlaster,

I don't like Dodges, doesn't make steel a bad material.

I don't like the Dan Thompson RDH either, the body is too thick (deadening the sound), and the toneboard takes too much air to drive.

I like some plastic howlers, I just don't dig 'em. Being plastic isn't what makes them work well. ;)

Krusty
wave1.gif

I checked your website also. Not not bad. It is my nature to not badmouth anybody for doing somthing they enjoy. You just helped my website out tremendously with your coments. One word of advice if I may. You have to spend some money on advertizing to get things going. Making just a few calls a years doesn't foot the bill in my book. I wish you well though. If you enjoy making calls, that's all that matters. Good Luck

Jerry,

My site is "not not bad" is that a double negative, so that you are saying it is bad?
Badmouth away, I can take it (and have taken plenty in the past).

Like I always say "No good deed goes unpunished", I dunno why I bothered to try and help you, now?

I don't care to advertise, and I don't care to grow as a company. Making calls is a hobby, and a friend once summed it up nicely (when I planned to quit making them), he asked me "Do you really think you have the right to hold out, a God given talent, like yours?"
Things were "going" faster than I could keep up, spending as much as 40 hrs making one call, and I ended up feeling like a slave to a waiting list.
I'd rather make calls when I feel like it, and go hunting once in a while.

Making and giving calls away for free, surely doesn't foot the bill, but I don't care about that either.
Generousity is it's own reward, but you have to give something to get something.

I am finished with this thread!

Krusty
wave1.gif

I just got Jerry's howler in the mail, and let me tell you it is everything he said. it is very easy to use and it sounds good. it really fits in my hand well. I would recomend it to anyone looking for a new howler. very easy to use.
Clint

Here is my website. I make custom howlers & distress calls. I tinker with them all the time. I gave up on the sheep bands. I feel that it is to easy for the band or your reed to move. I pinch the reed now & it stays flat & fixed. This guarantees the reed will sound the same every time. Nothing sounds like a cattle horn (Horn Dog Howler).
www.horndogcalls.com

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 79

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back