Why I pack around the 458 Lott

JJHACK

Jack Lotts original design was 22" for easier handling in the bush. This according to the article written by him for Magnum Magazine years ago. Mine is also 22" for the same reason. I get as much power from this barrel length as needed with my 22" barrel. I primarily shoot the 450 X bullet at 2300fps+. I have never recovered one inside an animal yet. Penetration and "devistation" have been significent. I see no reason to generate greater power and recoil then this for my work.

Here are a couple photo's from the last few weeks that will show why I haul around the Lott!

fb8a9d0e.jpg

Taken just a short distance out side the Kruger park while hunting some plains game. She was hidden completely from view and we just "bumped" into her. The calf was also visible when we each quickly departed opposite directions. This Photo was taken with a 300mm lens so it does appear closer then it was. We were about 60-70 yards away.

fb8a9d5e.jpg

This old Bull is now dead. He was a bit to agressive and was a nice trophy too. He just made things easier by coming back to take a last look at us!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back