Why Don't I Live in TX or AZ?

LawVegas

I just returned from a several day seminar in Dallas. In speaking with one of the attendees, he casually mentioned he lives on a 700-acre ranch. The back of his property runs for 2 miles along a creek bank. He has one 35 acre lake which he stocked with Florida bass several years ago. He noted, last summer his father-in-law caught over 200 bass in an afternoon. He also has several smaller ponds on his property stocked with trout, crappie and brim. I almost ruined his suit with my incessant drooling. Great fishing in TX, great fishing in AZ, and here in the Devil's Wonderland? Zippo, nyet, nada. Grrrr . . . .

When I went to texas on the "HUNTTALK" hunt I fell in love with it.... They only thing I didnt like is that there was very very very little public land... I did like the weather and all the lakes and streams.....

Delw

I agree with Delw, there is little or no public hunting land there.
I have been to Texas 12 times in the last 6 years for my ex-work and have talked to all the hunters and fisherman I know.
You have to lease land to hunt(shoot at targets-what I call it).
Its not really hunting there anyhow. You set out feeders and let the animals come to you on the leased land. On the game ranches, its just organized a little better and they know where everything is, not much scouting involved on your part.
Now, the fishing is good to great. Lots of big lakes and friendly land owners that if you ask politely, would probably let you fish their ponds. You definately have to play by their rules though, or you become coyote bait.
Come down to AZ sometime and I'll help show you around.
Later.

Well, I have to agree with you. This fellow indicated, when he took over the property, he was literally beset by persons continually hopping his fence and fishing without permission. In fact, there were two local teenagers who were so bad that his foreman went over to their parents' home to ask them to control their kids. He said the father sighed and stated "You know how teenage kids are, you just can't control them." To which the foreman replied that if it happened again, he'd return to personally whoop up the father. Suffice it to say, it never happened again.
As far as showing me around AZ (for the good fishing spots), I'd love it. I grew up in Tempe (Go Buffs!), but never had much chance to fish when I was living there. Now, I drop in every 3-4 weeks(when I'm not in trial) to take care of my mom. Usually, I can spring free for a morning or day of fishing. Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know when I am coming down next.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kws82590
Back