Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

White-tail Ultimate Slam?

Big Sky Guy

Is it possible to hunt every (possible) state in the U.S. for white-tail in one season? If so has anyone tried/done it or know anyone who has? The internet tells me a person can hunt the species in 44 states (45 if you count Arizona). Seems more feasible to try one state per year over the course of a lifetime but for someone with the time and money seems like it would be a neat feat to try.

Last edited:
Is not possible, as whitetails are absent in some west coast states.

Private land? Sure actually probably super easy. Just requires money. All on public? Now that might be impossible

Start in Florida in the Everglades for the August rut buck hunt - archery

Then start moving north and west hunting states as they open

I figure there’s about 5 1/2 months of open Whitetail seasons in those 45 states not all at the same time of course - that’s about 22-23 weeks

So say one day travel between locations and you’ve got three days in each state to get it done - Probably less because of the way the seasons overlap

if you planned accordingly and were able to get a tag in all the whitetail states I would say it’s possible if you are hunting. Harvesting in all the states in 1 year May be different.

I think the odds of drawing every state in the same year would be tough. I know most are otc and the odds for Iowa and KS for a NR are pretty good, but still. Draw the tags then pull it off? Maybe. I like to hunt WT’s but not to that extent. If you gave me a tag for every state that has elk I’d go for it.

I'll do it I guess, as long as big fin sponsors me and hank shaw is my traveling cook.

This is like an FKT for hunting, I love it. I'm really surprised someone hasn't done it.

People do this for turkey somewhat frequently right?
I’ve only heard of guys trying to get all 5 subspecies of turkey in one season, not one from every state they can hunt them in, but that would be fun too and probably a bit cheaper than trying for deer!

I’ve only heard of guys trying to get all 5 subspecies of turkey in one season, not one from every state they can hunt them in, but that would be fun too and probably a bit cheaper than trying for deer!
Not in Indiana it cost more to shoot a turkey than it does for deer.
I think you could do it in less time than you think. As long as you're not going for antler score. I have killed them in multiple states people. I have been heckled by local friends because they don't see the point when we have some of the best whitetail hunting in the country. I tell them it is just about the harvest as much as it is experiencing a new landscape and learning how to hunt a new area.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back