Caribou Gear

Which Swarovski's?

Next question:

For you EL owners out there; what have you found is the best way to mount your binos to a tripod? I recently found this technique, but the ELs wont use the same tripod adapter I have, and now I have a pair.

Next question:

For you EL owners out there; what have you found is the best way to mount your binos to a tripod? I recently found this technique, but the ELs wont use the same tripod adapter I have, and now I have a pair.

The Outdoorsmans tripod stud and mount. You have to send the binos to Outdoorsmans and they drill and tap, then install the stud. They have an agreement with Swaro and it won't void the warranty. It is a SWEET setup. I use mine on an Outdoorsman tripod, but you can use their mount on other tripods.

Edit. The setup is quick detach, so you can run your binos on your chest and quickly click them into the mount with little effort. You don't even notice the stud when freehanding, as it's between the barrels.

Last edited:
The Outdoorsmans tripod stud and mount. You have to send the binos to Outdoorsmans and they drill and tap, then install the stud. They have an agreement with Swaro and it won't void the warranty. It is a SWEET setup. I use mine on an Outdoorsman tripod, but you can use their mount on other tripods.

How long does this take and how much $$?

How long does this take and how much $$?

I did when I bought my ELs in 2014, so I can't recall exact time or cost. In looking at their website, it says $83 and that includes, labor, stud, and return shipping with insurance. You'll probably need to call for a leadtime, but I want to say it was 2 weeks maybe.

The idea was a bit unnerving to me at first but I'm glad I did it. Their product quality and function are exceptional in my opinion.

The video shows it well on this page. http://outdoorsmans.com/products/outdoorsmans-swarovski-el-stud-install

I did when I bought my ELs in 2014, so I can't recall exact time or cost. In looking at their website, it says $83 and that includes, labor, stud, and return shipping with insurance. You'll probably need to call for a leadtime, but I want to say it was 2 weeks maybe.

The idea was a bit unnerving to me at first but I'm glad I did it. Their product quality and function are exceptional in my opinion.

The video shows it well on this page. http://outdoorsmans.com/products/outdoorsmans-swarovski-el-stud-install

That is what I was kind of afraid I would hear. It is a bit unnerving, but it sounds like the best option.

That is what I was kind of afraid I would hear. It is a bit unnerving, but it sounds like the best option.

They are quite professional and do a good job. I'd highly recommend it. I've used the medium tripod with pistol head and quick detach on my past two hunts and loved it.

You'll just need the stud and adapter if you already have another tripod of a different brand.

Just curios MH, Why do you need them tripod mounted? I guess I've never felt the need myself. I just use the spotter if I need a better look.

I can almost always find a tree or use my knees when sitting to get a super steady picture.

Just curios MH, Why do you need them tripod mounted? I guess I've never felt the need myself. I just use the spotter if I need a better look.

I can almost always find a tree or use my knees when sitting to get a super steady picture.

I thought the same thing until I tried it. I figured I could free hand 10x's fine, I was wrong. There is so much unperceivable vibration that it eliminates. Now, I would never want to go without the option, especially with what good binos are capable of.

IMO, if fills in the gap between binos and a spotter. basically anytime I sit down with my binos to glass I pop them up on the tripod, and it makes a world of difference, that I never though existed.

I know you asked MH, but I'll lend my thoughts. I think a quality pair of 10s on a tripod is an extremely effective way to glass an area. When I used my 15s I'm even happier, but good 10s on a tripod can really help pick apart a landscape. Tripod mounted binos have made me a better glasser and helped me see more game. I think it's hard to fully appreciate the quality and effectiveness of binos when they're not on a tripod.

That's purely my preference, others might think I'm full of it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back