• Leopard RX-2800 TBR/W

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Vortex Razor HD 4000

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Leica CRF Rangefinder 2800.com

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters

A207X2

I'm in the market for a new rangefinder. The problem is they’re pretty scarce right now. I'm not looking to Bluetooth them to anything. I just need them to give me the range, adjust for uphill/downhill, have good glass, and work. I have these three on my shortlist. So all things being equal (i.e. Price, availability) which would you choose?

UPDATE: My thanks to all who provided input. I purchased the Leica.

Last edited:
I have the Razor 4000 and have been very happy with it. I've got an older pair of Leica rangefinder binos, the glass is very nice and I use them a lot for the bino quality glass and the rangefinder capabilities are good, but not as good as the Vortex Razor. For hunting I love the simplicity of an all-in-one unit and will keep using the Leica. You may want to consider rangefinder binos, my son has the Vortex Fury model and the glass is good, not as good as my Leica glass but good, while the rangefinding capability is very good. I've also heard good things about the Sig rangefinding binos.

Last edited:
I had Vortex 1000 and was looking for upgrade.
Leupold,Sigg,Leica was where I was looking with the Sigg and Leica on top of list.
I was going with the newer 2800 when I found a like new 1600b. Exactly what I needed.
1000 yards of clean ranging with angle compensation. Makes 400 yard stalks doable.
The glass in the Leica rangefinder is better than many binos I have used....lol.

I also had a friend recently hunt my place with his Sigg 3400,windchecker w/bluetooth set up going for his 28 Nosler. Absolutely amazing!
I had to get my spotter out to see what he was looking at,the bull wise. Even my Zeiss 10x42's did not show the full rack at 2000+ yards.
I can see where their 1500 yard shots are coming from now. Very doable.
So Sigg would be up there still in a rangefinder.

I have an older Leica 800. The glass is sweet and honestly, I have never even thought about an upgrade since.

I have had a couple of the Vortex rangefinders, and traded up for the Vortex Razor 4000 and am extremely pleased. No issues at all.

Not on the list, but I have been pleased with my Sig. I like the operation and function much better than the Vortex. Haven't had experience with the others on your list.

A major advantage to the Vortex is the lifetime warranty. I had the Ranger 1000 and since that model was discontinued they sent me a newer model as a replacement.

I have the 1200 and 2800 Leupold. Both have worked flawlessly. I like the 6X view when in the tree stand and I want to take a closer look.

If I was going to carry a rangefinder, I would choose rangefinder binoculars. Carry one piece of excess baggage instead of two. That's what I would choose. Would I choose to pay the big bucks for rangefinder binoculars? No. I wouldn't use it enough. My PH has a pair and totally makes sense for his line of work. Not for the hobby hunter.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back