Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Which headlamp?

Let me help you guys out: best headlamp on the market today

I carry that and 2 spare batteries, maybe overkill. It's like having a spotlight on your head, the only downside this summer to using it on high beam, was the swarms of moths that would attack you.

I have several fenix headlamps, they are really the top of the line. I've used a ton of petzl, had a mammut and black diamond as well. Fenix is the best, hands down.
I just picked one of these up. Pretty damn impressed so far.

I've got a few of these and honestly I'd never buy them again. Battery life is not very good even on lower settings, and the feature where you're supposed to tap the light to go to max brightness is always malfunctioning and causing your light to going max power when you don't want it to.
Yeah they are kinda the best of the low end, IMHO.

The one button push five different ways kinda sucks, but their fine for the cost. I've never really had an issue with battery life but I change my batteries pretty frequently.

I got these off camofire which are on sale today again. Love the rechargeable feature so can have bright again. Couple different settings how bright and the highest is brighter than anything ever had.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230505-080600_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230505-080600_Samsung Internet.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 1
Hands down the best headlamp I’ve ever tried. The only other light I have that’s as bright at a distance is a much heavier Surefire handheld.
How is the battery life? Ive read what is advertised on their site but curious about firsthand experience?I mean 1400 lumens is always nice but not if it kills your batteries 2 hours into a 5 day hunt.

How is the battery life? Ive read what is advertised on their site but curious about firsthand experience?I mean 1400 lumens is always nice but not if it kills your batteries 2 hours into a 5 day hunt.
Battery life is as advertised. I don’t use max power for most jobs, I use that for hiking out in grizzly country after dark and needing to see exactly where I’m going. I keep spare CR123 batteries too.

The Amaker headlamp is great. It adjusts the scope of the light from wide to narrow, but it is rechargeable. 90000 lumens but a great headlamp in camp. I’ve packed mine on short day hunts and it was great when butchering.

The Amaker headlamp is great. It adjusts the scope of the light from wide to narrow, but it is rechargeable. 90000 lumens but a great headlamp in camp. I’ve packed mine on short day hunts and it was great when butchering.
Thats alot of lumens 😬

Buy a Sofirn for $20

How much light do you really need? I've found 300-400 perfectly adequate, and prefer a headlamp under 2oz's. I've owned many of the brands mentioned here, but anymore Nitcore is my one stop shop. Want over 1500 lumens? They've got it. Want a 1oz rechargeable? They've got it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back