Caribou Gear Tarp

Which Bino would you suggest

Love my Vortex diamondbacks, 12x50. If I didn't go with Vortex I was definitely considering the Theron from predator optics.

+6 on contacting Schmaltz, thats what I do and he is the man!

Another recco for Predator Optics and Theron. I used a pair of the Wapiti 10x40's this season and loved them. Great in all situations. Fantastic glass for the price.

You will probably laugh, but I think this is one of the best deals on the market for glass.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Leup.../1166876.uts?WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

For under $400, porro prism is the way to go. IMHO

Bob

Bob no one would laugh if they looked through them, especially compared to popular roof's costing in the 200-300 range. My 12yr old has them and they are almost unbelievable for the price. Most hunters don't know the difference between prisms like birders do. I'm not a birder but they know image quality rather than what looks cool in magazines.

He took them from spring bear, early elk and late season deer with no waterproof or fogging issues for two seasons now. I should buy another pair on sale to save for when my 3yr old is ready.

Porro prism binos have great image for the money. They get a better image because the image passes or reflects fewer times before it meets your eye. Each time light has to pass through a surface or reflect is looses some of it's brightness and clarity. The downside of a porro is the somewhat awkward shape to carry and the other is the more likely problem of them going out of collimation because the prism is usually made up of 2 separate pieces that are not bonded together for a lack of better terms. It is rare for a roof prism bino to go out of collimation. The other reason roofs do not have collomation problems like a porro is that the objectives are closer to the hinges and the hinges are longer and that means that if a hinge has some wear or play the trig angle is less depending on the hinge design.. for a lack of better terms again.

Back