Where do you get your casings?

COElkChaser

I'm looking for a casing supplier for brats and smoked sausage. Any suggestions? I'm in Denver if you know a local place or online is fine too.

these guys also ways treated me right

Walton’s Inc has about any meat processing supplies you can imagine. They are also big contributors to several conservation groups. I buy anything I can from them.

Local butcher will have them. Most carry home packs. If your grocery store makes sausage they may have them too.
You may need to drive out of Denver and find a processor, they should have them. Our local butcher always has them up here in Laramie, The Butcher Block.
Call some places and ask about a home pack, it does 25 lbs of sausage, more or less.

Butcher Packer, Sausage Maker, Frisco Spices, or local butcher if they have some for fresh casings
Many sporting stores, Amazon (Pre Covid), grocery stores for shelf-stable cured/preserved cases

these guys also ways treated me right

I second them. Great selection especially if you want the sheet intestine on a tube already, not many people carry that option, at least not around SD.

Local to Denver, you have a lot of options.

Any local butcher will have them. I buy my casings from Edward's Meats in Wheat Ridge (edwards-meats.com), because they are close to me and I like them. I'm sure Western Daughters Butcher Shoppe in Denver will have a selection. However, heck, you can even buy fresh casings at Jeff Bezos' WholePayCheck in downtown Denver.

Natural > at a butcher or processor or commercial meat supplier.
Synthetic> Online

Back