When John Kerry's Courage Went M.I.A.

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
Senator John Kerry, a decorated battle veteran, was courageous as a navy lieutenant in the Vietnam War. But he was not so courageous more than two decades later, when he covered up voluminous evidence that a significant number of live American prisoners—perhaps hundreds—were never acknowledged or returned after the war-ending treaty was signed in January 1973.

The Massachusetts senator, now seeking the presidency, carried out this subterfuge a little over a decade ago— shredding documents, suppressing testimony, and sanitizing the committee's final report—when he was chairman of the Senate Select Committee on P.O.W./ M.I.A. Affairs.
full story http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0408/schanberg.php

Makes for an interesting read.

You read the Village Voice???? And you trust their reporting????
Actually I found the link on another board and found it interesting. I have never heard of Village Voice until yesterday.

Was this the commission he co-led with John McCain?
I found this on a google search,
FINAL HEARINGS OF POW/MIA COMMITTEE SET FOR DECEMBER 1-4
(Text: Senate Select Committee statement/schedule) (630)
Washington -- The Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs will hold its
last round of hearings December 1-4, Chairman John F. Kerry (Democrat of
Massachusetts) and Vice Chairman Bob Smith (Republican of New Hampshire)
announced November 27.

Fecl,

I would not have guessed you as a Village Voice reader... Here is what they said in another column, where they make their Democratic endorsements.
Unlike Bush—whose program continues to be the transfer of wealth to the wealthy and the transformation of welfare state into police state, and who looks forward to shrinking federal services to nothing—both Edwards and Kerry will want the government to survive. Nothing in the record suggests that either man will enjoy any significant edge in mitigating a hellish situation. The only question is who has the better chance of trying. Had he gulled the electorate, Joe Lieberman himself would have been an acceptable alternative, so thank Yahweh he's gone and consider your options.
Village Voice Link

Kerry and McCain buried some old hatchets on a plane ride to Vietnam, looking for POWs. After that, McCain and Kerry became somewhat closer.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back