Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What's your minimum--

I live in Montana,and have killed several elk,like 14 or 15 and most of all of them have been cows,I killed a rag 5x4 2 years ago and a spike last year, and a spike by two sevaral years before that,and the rest have been cows.To me it's about the biggest elk I can find,when I find it.If I have time and it is only a cow I might wait,or if I draw a good area tag I would hold out for a 300+ or even a 340+ shooter.
Now I have taken up bow hunting recently and if I get a chance at a rag or a good 5x5-bigger I'm taking it.
BBJ

I hunt in an area that is spike only and holds alot of big bulls if you draw a permit. Years of watching the big ones has allowed me to hold-out for a big one. Usually I do not draw so I harvest a spike.

I have a 340 6x6 so it will have to be bigger than that. I would like a 360 but that's easier said than done.

Right now I'm usually hunting units in CO with ES tags. With that tag, it would have to be a pretty nice 5x5 or larger or otherwise I would just take a cow. I haven't hit the point where I'm worried about score. That said, there is no point in shooting a 2 1/2 year old bull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back