Yeti GOBOX Collection

What would you do? Short on time Pronghorn and Mule Deer in MT

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
I'm right there with you man. I was named the best man for my buddies wedding. He just so happened to schedule his wedding for the second (better half) weekend of my Colorado 3rd season mule deer hunt, in which the season was pushed over 5 days later than last years season. I've been planning and waiting for this hunt for a few years. I'm bummin right now.

Ouch... did you burn some points on that one as well? At least my tags aren't hard to draw.

Yes I did. But only one. If it was a handful of points or more, I'de end up returning it.

But back to your original question, I think you should go for a combined 4 days weekend after the deer opener and try and fill both your tags. The antelope can and some will drop horns by then, but there will still be bucks with horns, although they may be the smaller ones. And if you don't get a deer and can swing it, go back for thanksgiving and give it hell for a few days...

Yes I did. But only one. If it was a handful of points or more, I'de end up returning it.

But back to your original question, I think you should go for a combined 4 days weekend after the deer opener and try and fill both your tags. The antelope can and some will drop horns by then, but there will still be bucks with horns, although they may be the smaller ones. And if you don't get a deer and can swing it, go back for thanksgiving and give it hell for a few days...

I think this will be my exact plan... guess I don't have to worry about it being too hot on this particular antelope hunt.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back