PEAX Equipment

What happened to Knight?

RidgeRebel

I just filed a compliant with the BBB because of and issue I am having with them. Below is a copy of my compliant. Anybody else have an issue with Knight customer service?
P.S.
The bullets used were No Excuses

I sent a rifle back to Knight Rifles for repair in November of 2018. As of today 03/01/2019, no resolution or returned rifle.
I purchased a new Knight DISC Extreme rifle from directly from Knight Rifles in October of 2018. Shortly after purchasing the rifle I purchased a sizing pack of cast bullets to determine the correct bore size for future bullet purchase. All of the bullets from the sizing pack were tight at the muzzle but then fell the rest of the way down the barrel. This causes a problem because a muzzleloader bullet must have enough friction to remain seated on the powder charge or it will create a dangerous situation by having space between the bullet and powder charge. I contacted the bullet manufacturer first and he stated he had recently had the same issue reported with another Knight rifle with the barrel being out of spec ( the muzzle being tighter than the rest of the bore). I contacted Knight Rifles regarding the issue and was told the barrel may need replacement. I was instructed to send the rifle back which I did in November 2018. I received no communication from Knight after they received the rifle. After several weeks, I attempted to contact Knight Rifles by phone but got no answer other than automated responses. I left messages that were never returned on two occasions. I reached out the customer service representative by email and was told in December that the gunsmith had not been able to test the rifle yet. I then received an email requesting that I purchase more bullets and send them to be tested. I don't feel it should be my responsibility to purchase bullets for them to test the rifle. Also, the issue reported with the barrel should be able to be tested without specific bullets. I have since attempted contact with Knight by phone and email and could not get a response until today 03/01/2019 and I was told they still have no idea when the rifle will be repaired and the gunsmith is busy with "shows". I have been very dissatisfied with Knight Rifles customer service as it takes several calls and emails just to get a response. Also, no resolution in sight after more than three months.

Last edited:
and that report would be enough that I would never but a Knight rifle. That seriously sucks. If I were you, I'd share this anywhere I could - including FB & Twitter. This is a prime example of NO customer service. whoever told you that the "gunsmith is too busy doing gun shows", needs to be transferred out of the CS department, forthwith.

Wow, I had my eye on the exact same rifle but this story changed my mind. The BBB is pretty much worthless anymore, like Gary said, I'd post this story up everywhere you can. Probably have a better chance of getting their attention that way.

Thats a bunch of crap.. I went the smokeless route this year and man is it lights out. Even if you can't use smokeless powder they shoot blackhorn 209 well too. I hope you get this straightened out with knight, but if not Luke at arrowhead sporting goods does a fantastic job and customer service is A+

Update,
I got a call from the gunsmith at Knight today. He was very professional and apologized for the poor communication and lost time. The gunsmith confirmed he had the same issue I found while testing the rifle and said he hoped to have the rifle repaired by next week. Giving the benefit of the doubt, I am sure they did not intend for this to happen. I am normally not the type to file complaints, but I did not feel I was getting any results otherwise. I know companies make mistakes and I was really looking forward to hunting with the rifle so I am hoping for a quick resolution. I will provide another update when I can.

Wouldn't be surprised if they monitor this site and your post got you results. Hope you get your barrel replaced soon.

My rifle was returned to me Tuesday this week with a new barrel. Knight's gunsmith called me directly and explained he found the same issue I reported, replaced the barrel, and was now getting MOA performance. The issue has been taken care of to my satisfaction at this point. The length of time I'm sure was a matter of oversight in this instance.

Thats more than I ever got back from Knight, I left several messages and emails about POS Knight with no response ever.

Two years ago I bought a youth knight muzzleloader for my son. I open the box as soon as I received it and noticed the breech plug was missing. I looked at the test primer and it was never fired. I called and talked to a lady and she assured me this was a serious issue and someone’s job was on the line. I was told to send the rifle back in after several weeks I haven’t heard anything from Knight. When I called I was told there is no way that gun was shipped with out the breech plug. All they did was made excuses.

After reading these recent accounts, I'm second guessing purchasing a Knight Ultralight. I was going to order one directly from Knight, but not sure anymore....

I got rid of my knight ultra-lite rifle and I would never own another. I had major problems with it and their customer service is HORRIBLE.

Too bad too cause it was a super sweet gun. Other than the numerous problems it had.

I got a disc extreme probably 15+ years ago, has killed well over 100 big game animals mainly deer and bears. Never had problem and the green mounain barrel is still around MOA. I guess i have been lucky but a good one is a special weapon...

I have a Knight mountaineer and live about 10 miles from the factory. This rifle was a gift or I probably wouldn’t have went that route due to the sheer price which I feel is way too high. However that thing just plain shoots. I load a 290gr Barnes TMZ and 110gr blackhorn and it’s a 300 yard rifle all day long. I’m planning on taking the scope off and trying those Thor bullets for Colorado next year if we draw. I hope your rifle meets your expectations now.

I got a disc extreme probably 15+ years ago, has killed well over 100 big game animals mainly deer and bears. Never had problem and the green mounain barrel is still around MOA. I guess i have been lucky but a good one is a special weapon...
That's when they were still in Iowa..I knew when they sold out it would go down hill..

Ummmm...crap. My Knight Wolverine is due to be delivered back to Knight today with the exact same issue.

I have a Knight Bighorn that I got back in the late 90’s and I love it. I hate to hear that a fine company that had it going on has sold and that the quality is now apparently suffering. Hopefully they regain their luster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back