Westward Ho !

Steiny

We peel out for Wyoming at 6:00AM, will probably spend tomorrow night in rapid City SD, then be at deer camp by noon Saturday.

Can't wait to get the heck outa Dodge and get after those muleys. No phone calls, no TV, no e-mail, no electricity, no traffic noise, no neighbors, no job, etc. for ten days. Yahoo !!!

Steiny,
How long are you going for? Are you driving or flying?Hope you see alot of deer! Good luck!
cool.gif
I leave next thursday for 1 week(flying).Pa RR

Wyoming hunt didn't go so well. Only scored two out of six hunters (not me) and they were'nt anything to brag about. Last two years in this location were good.

Saw tons of does. Would not be exagerrating to say I saw 700 does in 8-9 days of hunting, however bucks were few and far between, and the bucks we did see were pee wees. Weather was also pretty hot, up in the mid 70's each day and it never frosted the entire trip. Unusual !

Had a camp of those dang four wheeler dudes right down the mountain, and they couldn't keep them shut off for over about 15 minutes. I really hate those ATV's in the mountains, and Jackie Bushman, Babe Winkleman and all those other TV personality morons that promote their use ought to be castrated and have hunting privledges revoked.

To top it off, my buddy runs his brand new pick-up in the ditch and banged it up pretty good. He wasn't much fun after that.

Oh well, suck it up and get on with it. On the bright side it was a great camping trip, in beautiful country, with good friends, lot's of good grub, plenty of coldies, etc. Hard to beat hunting and hiking around in the foothills.

We'll chalk this one off to experience and be looking to get on some private ground or way off the beaten path next fall.

Time to get serious after the whiteys around home now.

Hi Steiny
smile.gif

Glad to hear your back home safe and sound.I just returned home last nite.I went out to Gillette on the 16th with 3 other guys.I didnt see 900 deer, but saw many,many does also.The only bucks we saw were right before dark or just before dawn.We hunted the blm land sw of Gillette but also ventured up to Weston for an afternoon hunt.The weather was like an arid desert,hot,dry.We thought maybe the big horns would be better,so we stayed in Buffalo for 3 days and hunted that,with the same results.
Talked to a meat processor that said his business was down 80 per cent because of the hot conditions.Wish I'd had a antelope tag,they were everywhere!
I'm heading out with the muzzy tomorrow morn aqnd like you am ready for this years local hunts.Good luck!!
smile.gif
parr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back