Western hunting scope

Leupold custom shop used to allow you to send scope in for changing recticle. Sadly it looks like the custom shop is currently closed.

I currently have a lei-old vx5HD 3-15x56 duplex. I love the scope i just wish it had some sort of either windage dial or windage marks on the retical. I want to be able to dial out to 1000 yards on my ballistic turret so i can practice out that far. Does anyone know of a scope that will do that for under $1500. I have looked at a Swarovski z5 but with a 300 win mag i can only dial ballistically out to 650 yards. Thanks in advance
You’re making this harder than it needs to be. Use the scope you have and go hunting.

Something I recently noticed about the Vortex I recently put on my 243. Take off the scope caps and there's a screw in the dial that after sighting in, remove the screw and turret. Then put the turret back on adjusted to the zero mark and you can dial up to somewhere. Does it with both dials but I have no idesa, or desire for that matter, to fool around trying to figure out wind drift. As for range, I sight in my rifles for MPBR at an 8" target and limit my shooting to 300yds on game. Actually did a 300yd shot one time with my 6.5x06 and clean one shot kill. held about the back line and bullet dropped right in there! Actually measured it, 330 yds. Did it just to say I did. Lousy excuse! MPBR at an 8" target and with most cartridges you never have to lift the criss wires above the back line!

Would the Amplus 6 3-18x44 be better than the Zeiss V4 6-24x50? Trying to decide between the two for my Weatherby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back