Walkers

The treeing walker came from the walker breed. witch is now refers to as the running walker.Witch is an old breed of Fox hounds.their now used for running game such as fox and coyote some have been used for tree game.The treeing walkers are walkers that would tree and stay treed like the other tree hounds Back in the early 40s (I think)United Kennel Club recognized the walker as a tree dog and labeled them walkers treed.Then several years later changed the name to treeing walkers.This is a sort history of the walker breed and may not be 100% accurate But I hope it answered your question

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Mountain boomer has some pics posted of his running walkers, if you would like to check them out....They are a little smaller and more angular than the treeing walkers.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

cathunt mt
The treeing walker is breed for there treeing ability But still have the trailing ability and speed of the running walkers.The treeing walker is probably the most breed tree hound in the world today.Do to its overpowering ability to win the Competition coon hunts.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Tobey, I am going to have to disagree a little. I don't think the treeing walkers have the speed of running walkers. I have seen alot of tree hounds used for deer here, but they can't run w/ a running walker. Don't get me wrong....They do a d@mn good job, just can't stay w/ a good running walker on speed and endurance. If they could everyone would run them instead of running walkers.

You are very right boomer the running walker is the fastest of the two breeds.I was just saying what I beliave has made the treeing walker better over other Tree hounds In my opinion

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Tobey, you could be 100% correct on that. I don't know alot about treeing walkers but I do know they are very popular and do very well in the hunts. They didn't get there popularity for no reason...
smile.gif

------------------
rabbit2.gif

Boomer at the present time I own 4 walkers and 2 blueticks.3 of the walkers have no papers and thats becous there x with running walkers HE HE

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back