WA public land desecration. And it ain't no hunters doing it.

Bailer, of course lunch is the end of the Rodeo for it's too hot here past noon.
Good time had by all,I guess...?Trash is trash.But the tailgate has a cooler attached!! 😎

I get a little hot under the collar when I find a wayward party balloon. Guess I need to chill out a bit or if I find a trash heap like that I am going to end up in the emergency room.

Those damn things always seem to end up in the mountains. I think I found 3 last year, and I only hunted big game probably 12 days with my limited schedule.

I think I took one trip up Hyalite when I was going to MSU back in the early 90's. Too many people for me even back then so I never went back. Can not imagine what it is like now.

I recently saw the worst trash I have seen in Idaho.

2 weeks ago I hiked in several miles to fish a creek. There are a couple well established horse camps in the area. At the first I found 2 bent and broken metal pannier boxes filled with garbage, a broken roll-top table, and 4 pairs of broken shoes/boots. I couldn't pack any of it out because all I had was a day pack. At the second camp I found 3 pairs of shoes, glass bottles, broken shovel, and rope/twine strung out and laying on the ground everywhere.

This last weekend with my family I hiked into a small lake for an overnight trip. We arrived at the campsite to find the fire ring full of garbage and discarded food. This is and area with grizzly bears and a high density of black bears. There was dog crap all over the campsite and lake shore. And we found 3 piles of human waste and toilet paper alongside the trails around our camp and the lake. Absolutely disgusting. We cleaned up as much as we could and kicked dirt on the rest.

I have seen some trash left behind before but nowhere close to the scale that I saw in the last 2 trips.

I foresee a future where we will be required to pass a USFS backcountry education course and buy an annual license to go backpacking/camping.

First off I have hiked the enchantments and know it's amazement well.

I really hate to say this but.........................This is a far greater problem than just some fool or fools being disrespectful to the land. In the era of Social justice, blue ribbons, the minority disgracing the majority, complete disregard for authority (of all kinds: Teachers, police officers, political figures, LAWS, our constitution, our sovereignty as a nation, the flag and yes USFS and our public lands to name JUST A FEW) we find ourselves in an era where this behavior is ok. Basic laws, respect, dignity, patriotism and basic teachings of yesteryear (please & thank you) are slowly fading from our society. When it becomes ok to denigrate our flag, what our nation stands for, kick police officers out of Starbucks because they are offensive and so so much more, this kind of behavior will become more and more mainstream.

I just want to point out what I feel is the "far deeper" reasons for this kind of tragedy and behavior.

I really hate to say this but.........................This is a far greater problem than just some fool or fools being disrespectful to the land. In the era of Social justice, blue ribbons, the minority disgracing the majority, complete disregard for authority (of all kinds: Teachers, police officers, political figures, LAWS, our constitution, our sovereignty as a nation, the flag and yes USFS and our public lands to name JUST A FEW) we find ourselves in an era where this behavior is ok. Basic laws, respect, dignity, patriotism and basic teachings of yesteryear (please & thank you) are slowly fading from our society. When it becomes ok to denigrate our flag, what our nation stands for, kick police officers out of Starbucks because they are offensive and so so much more, this kind of behavior will become more and more mainstream.

I just want to point out what I feel is the "far deeper" reasons for this kind of tragedy and behavior.
I think you're not just off base you're also mixing apples and oranges.

Whoa,Whoa Turbo!! Too Much coffee!! OR somethin, else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back