Vintage Belding & Mull powder measure

Jbotto

Recently bought this in a box of reloading supplies. It seems like a neat tool, but I don’t really need it. I have bought into the RCBS Uniflow powder measures and I’d rather try have them or the Dillon variety for my 550.

By the looks of eBay, this thing has a bit of value in it to the right buyer. I will have pictures later but thought I’d throw this up now. $60 shipped. It appears to be missing the actual brass measure tube held below the measure but it looks like they are available as reproduction/duplicate pieces for different pre-set loads on eBay and other places online. Pictures will follow later.

$60 shipped it very good price. I'm not in the market, but those are good measures, especially loved by black powder shooters and schuetzen breech seating shooters. MontanavintageArms.com makes a version of these and may have the powder measure part. Anything they make is top drawer.

$60 shipped it very good price. I'm not in the market, but those are good measures, especially loved by black powder shooters and schuetzen breech seating shooters. MontanavintageArms.com makes a version of these and may have the powder measure part. Anything they make is top drawer.
They are a cool design that, in my research is highly regarded. I saw the MVA scale tube and wondered if it would fit this as their powder measure looks like a modernization of this B&M. If I didn’t have a handful of RCBS set up already I’d think about keeping this. But I figured someone else would appreciate it.

It’s not in pristine shape by any means as there is some rust on it. Just needs a bit of clean up. I don’t exactly have to the time to do it right now or else I would and would have qualms with starting closer to $100 then. But it’s not locked up, it does move and from as far as I can tell it all works. Pretty simple design really. Like BrentD mentioned, MVA has the actual scale/charge tube part on their website as well as few popping up on eBay. I can provide those links and anything else I found in my research to the buyer.

Attachments

• 3498828F-426B-41FE-9BB9-B69BDD0BC3E2.jpeg
    3498828F-426B-41FE-9BB9-B69BDD0BC3E2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 064B48B5-D161-4FB4-BD2B-8624CC09D22A.jpeg
    064B48B5-D161-4FB4-BD2B-8624CC09D22A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 3EB963A9-8F4F-4FAF-BB41-8AC196B90DCB.jpeg
    3EB963A9-8F4F-4FAF-BB41-8AC196B90DCB.jpeg
    924.3 KB · Views: 5
Really tempted to buy it, just to have it.
Belding & Mull is 30 miles from me.
They've since gone into a gun shop, but the machine shop building is still in operation.
They just don't do manufacturing like they used to.

I do have a 1920s Belding & Mull "reloading manual".
Nothing like todays loading manuals.

Really tempted to buy it, just to have it.
Belding & Mull is 30 miles from me.
They've since gone into a gun shop, but the machine shop building is still in operation.
They just don't do manufacturing like they used to.

I do have a 1920s Belding & Mull "reloading manual".
Nothing like todays loading manuals.
It’s still available! If I get time to clean it up, the price is going to jump. Or it’ll go on eBay to the highest bidder.

If I had my reloading room finished, I’d keep it for decoration. It’s a neat tool for sure! I’ll probably kick myself for selling it.

Back