Caribou Gear

UTV Accessories

tillicant

Last year was my wife and I's first trip with the UTV for hunting. Used it as planned in CO., to get on designated roads that are a little too rough for my Pickup(have to make it home).
Doing a hunt this year, prior to my rotator cuff surgery. Due to my lifting limitations I want to outfit my UTV with a hitch type jib for lifting, skinning & deboning.
Anyone have any experience, there are not many trees where we are hunting or I would use my winch with a snatch block.

I have used the kill shot game hoist for years for both the utv and truck. I have lifted whole cow elk and loaded them in the vehicle that way. Also used it for skinning and butchering. Loaned it to the neighbors and they ended up buying one.
The best price I have found is at Discount Ramps.

We hunt the desert and tree's are few and far between.

Have a local metal fabricator weld you up a arm and mount using stock the size of your receiver on the utv. Mount a boat trailer winch on the bottom and a pulley on the top

I have used the kill shot game hoist for years for both the utv and truck. I have lifted whole cow elk and loaded them in the vehicle that way. Also used it for skinning and butchering. Loaned it to the neighbors and they ended up buying one.
The best price I have found is at Discount Ramps.

We hunt the desert and tree's are few and far between.
Thanks, Will look into the kill shot.

Kill shot works but it isn't extremely heavy duty. If you are hunting elk, I would consider a fabricated one and I would make it so that it had a "foot" on the ground so that you are not working against your utv suspension when hoisting. If you do that make the stinger for the receiver long enough to keep your tailgate down.

Kill shot works but it isn't extremely heavy duty. If you are hunting elk, I would consider a fabricated one and I would make it so that it had a "foot" on the ground so that you are not working against your utv suspension when hoisting. If you do that make the stinger for the receiver long enough to keep your tailgate down.
Thanks, This is mainly for deer & mainly because I'm using one good arm,lol. Blew the other one out lifting a deer last year.
If I were to use it for elk it would be to lift quarters for deboning.

Back