Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Utah Fall Spot and Stalk Bear Hunt

SDS14

Good Morning Fellow Hunters,

I recently drew Central/South Manti Spot and Stalk only bear tag in Utah. The hunt runs from Sept. 25- Oct. 27 2019. I've been hunting deer and elk in this area for over a decade and I am excited to have a bear tag in my wallet this fall.
The problem is I have 0 experience hunting bears. How do I go about finding the bear biologist in this area? What kind of research/knowledge should I obtain before I call the biologist? What kind of questions do I ask? Second, what has been your guys experience hunting bears in the fall? Any tips, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Trails.
-SDS14

Call the main office and ask to speak with a biologist, you might get transferred a couple of times but the state agencies are usually great about taking calls and providing info. Definitely ask about what food sources the bears are going to be utilizing during the time period you're hunting, and then where to find that food if you are unsure.

Fall bear are tough in Utah. They tend to spend a lot of time in the scrub oaks eating acorn. Best of luck. Don’t rule out predator calling

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back