US Made Sleeping Bags

Flatlander14

I'm looking to pick up a new bag for a September Elk in Wyoming and would like to find on that is made in the USA. I have always been an advocate for buying homegrown, but even more so after the last year. With that being said, I would like something that is rated down to 0-10 degrees and doesn't weigh a ton. I have looked at the Butler Bags and they would be great for truck camping, but way to heavy to haul in to camp. I may pick a Butler up as well as most of the time we are not packing in and camping just off the road. Thanks in advance.

I can't say enough good things about Hammock Gear. IF you go with a quilt, sorry they don't do bags, they make great stuff and yep USA made!

Feathered Friends and Western Mountaineering as mentioned above. On par with one another and top notch.

Western mountaineering Kodiak. I’ve been disappointed by a lot of bags in the past. WM bags are great! Meet or exceed their ratings comfortably unlike other bags who list a survival rating

100% Western Mountaineering. I have the Alpinlite and love it. It is rated down to 20 degrees, however, I've push the rating and was comfortable.

Thanks for the guidance fellas, got information overload for a while. Settled on an enlightened equipment convert, half bag half quilt. I’m a hot sleeper who moves a lot, figured it would be a good compromise with out going all in on the quilt.

+1 on WM. My 20 degree bag is the only one I've ever owned with a truly conservative temperature rating . . . I've slept comfortably in that thing down to zero with long underwear and a beanie. Can't say enough good things.

Back