upland strap vest recommendations?

Anyone order wing works ?
I’ve had a Wing Works for years and it works great. No reason to upgrade. Bob is a bird hunter and his business seems to be a as necessary idea sometimes. It may take some time to get ahold of him.

Son wanted a vest. He requested a Final Rise. I can give a comparison in February.

I have a 30 year old Filson Vest. Love it but hauling water for dogs is difficult.

I'm all in for Final Rise. It can hold everything you need: water, phone/power bank/GPS first aid, tp. It's super comfy. I can fit a hydration bladder for me. There's even space for a couple more water bottles inside pockets on the game bag. It's pretty flexible if you want to add on more stuff, and it's proudly made in the USA. Yeah, it's a bit pricier, but I think it's worth the extra cash. I bought it almost a year ago and I'm fully satisfied, if you will look for some detailed reviews try this https://aptoutdoors.com/final-rise-review/

I'm all in for Final Rise. It can hold everything you need: water, phone/power bank/GPS first aid, tp. It's super comfy. I can fit a hydration bladder for me. There's even space for a couple more water bottles inside pockets on the game bag. It's pretty flexible if you want to add on more stuff, and it's proudly made in the USA. Yeah, it's a bit pricier, but I think it's worth the extra cash. I bought it almost a year ago and I'm fully satisfied, if you will look for some detailed reviews try this https://aptoutdoors.com/final-rise-review/
+ another. Mine has seen a lot of miles in just 2 ys. It is pretty close to perfect.

Damnit you guys. I just ordered the final rise (10x what my last vest cost, granted that one was 15 years ago) and will soon have a vest that rivals my shotgun in value. But I guess I asked for it by starting this thread. I both feel really excited and dirty all at once. I was talking about how stupid expensive it was to my gf and she mentioned her friend routinely pay $300 for hair dyes. She was NOT trying to convince me I should buy it, but that's really what put me over the edge. Money well spent I hope.
When your partner responds in a manner that could be interpreted as approval, you must act quickly! Sounds like you'll have a nice vest. I have one of the old Filson tin cloth vests and it's held up well, but I think you'd struggle with the water carrying in a vest like that.

I have the Cabelas version, and not a huge fan of it. The pockets don't close well, and have to put the water bottles in the game pouch in the back. It is works for the hot weather, but should have spent the money on a better one.

My final rise summit XT arrived about Oct 1st and spent a week with me in some nasty N WI grouse coverts and came out unscathed and did a couple trips into the zirkels in NW Colorado in Nov chasing dusky grouse as well. Two big thumbs up from me thus far regarding this vest.

I’ve had a Wing Works for years and it works great. No reason to upgrade. Bob is a bird hunter and his business seems to be a as necessary idea sometimes. It may take some time to get ahold of him.

Son wanted a vest. He requested a Final Rise. I can give a comparison in February.

I have a 30 year old Filson Vest. Love it but hauling water for dogs is difficult.
Which final rise is everyone going with? Reg me in

I’ve been liking it so far this season! Glad I sprung for it
Summit -XT or just the plain Jane Summit?

Where in MT are you at? I'm anywhere from Butte to Bozeman to great falls. If you want to check out one in-person anywhere around let me know. I have one and I love it.
I think the Summit will hold a few roosters. It’s fairly obvious final rise is the way to go!

I really like my Orvis Strap vest. I don’t know if it’s possible to wear it out. I have had mine for 5 years and other than gun oil and blood stains there is nothing wrong with it. I hunt in it all over the country and it gets about 50-60 days in the field each year.

Back