Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

U.S. Weapons Inspector: Iraq Had No WMD

Ithaca 37

Do you think thoses reports of useing "Mustard gas" on the Kurds were just more republican lies ?

You know what?? All of this bullshit about Bush looking bad and Bush telling lies and WMD never existing, needs to go back to when all of this intel started. I believe that Clinton was president and as I recall, John Kerry was one of the promulgaters of the information. Bush inherited the intel apparatus that Clinton left. He operated on the information that existed at the time.

This makes as much sense as blaming Ithica for slavery or EG for the Crimean War. Trace the information ALL THE WAY BACK TO IT'S SOURCE, and then determine who is responsible for disassembling the US intellegence gathering apparatus.

:cool:

A-con, do you really believe that the republicans even give a shit about the Kurds?

Its a convienant way to show "conservative compassion", but I'd think if they really cared about the Kurds they'd of done something about it long before they did. Instead we chose to look the other way many years ago...

Remember also, Shrub told everyone the United States and its people were under a threat of WMD's on our own soil. I think that was just a slight exaggeration of the truth, dont you?, even if they did find that pyrex measuring cup, plastic spatula, set of rubber gloves and jar of mustard... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sounds like someone was more guilty of making a sandwich, than a WMD.

Buzz, the question is not whether the Republicans care about the Kurds, the issue was regarding the information about Iraq being a viable threat to have WMD when this whole thing started. Where the information came from and why it was or wasn't accurate.

What do you say?

So it would have been much better to let Saddam have some more time in order to get his "dormant" programs going full strength. Yea, sounds like a real smart plan to me.

Remember also, Shrub told everyone the United States and its people were under a threat of WMD's on our own soil. I think that was just a slight exaggeration of the truth, dont you?
Still a little naive aren't you BUZZ? :rolleyes: Just because we are here in the US doesn't mean someone can't make it here, or bring it across our borders......

I know some of you hate the NY Times (except when you agree with it), but here's what they say:

"Iraq Study Finds Desire for Arms, but Not Capacity
By DOUGLAS JEHL

Published: September 17, 2004

ASHINGTON, Sept. 16 - A new report on Iraq's illicit weapons program is expected to conclude that Saddam Hussein's government had a clear intent to produce nuclear, chemical and biological weapons if United Nations sanctions were lifted, government officials said Thursday. But, like earlier reports, it finds no evidence that Iraq had begun any large-scale program for weapons production by the time of the American invasion last year, the officials said......"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/17/politics/17intel.html

Originally posted by danr55:

This makes as much sense as blaming Ithica for slavery or EG for the Crimean War.
DanR,
Unlike Dubya, I will take full responsiblity. :cool: The Crimean War was the reason that Russia sold us Alaska, so for that reason alone, I accept full responsibility for the Crimean War.

Of course, the threat of Nicolas holding Constaniople was a contributing factor, along with Napolean III's interest in matching his uncle's achievements.

DanR,
Unlike Dubya, I will take full responsiblity. The Crimean War was the reason that Russia sold us Alaska, so for that reason alone, I accept full responsibility for the Crimean War.

Of course, the threat of Nicolas holding Constaniople was a contributing factor, along with Napolean III's interest in matching his uncle's achievements.
Thank god for Google. :D :D :D

I am kinda thinking that the Poem might be better than the movie.....

Let's add some culture to SI....
The Charge Of The Light Brigade

by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Memorializing Events in the Battle of Balaclava, October 25, 1854
Written April 10, 1864

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
'Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!' he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd ?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Their's not to make reply,
Their's not to reason why,
Their's but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare,
Flash'd as they turn'd in air
Sabring the gunners there,
Charging an army, while
All the world wonder'd:
Plunged in the battery-smoke
Right thro' the line they broke;
Cossack and Russian
Reel'd from the sabre-stroke
Shatter'd and sunder'd.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While horse and hero fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death,
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred!

...or did the mustard sandwiches give them gas and they all died from constipation?

Like most people who will argue a point, ad nauseum, in the face of logic and reason, when they get pinned to the facts, their best move is to change the subject. I've noticed several of our more liberal contributors do that frequently.

Let's stick to the questions at hand.

1. Did Saddam Hussien have and use nerve agents i.e. mustard gas to kill people in his own country?

2. Was it commonly believed, and widely disseminated by all of the prominant political agents, that Saddam Hussien had stockpiles of "WMD" i.e. mustard gas and other nerve agents, in the three or four years prior to the US invading Iraq?

3. Who was responsible for the purposeful disassembly of the "on the ground" intelligence gathering capability of the United States in the 12 or 15 years prior to the election of GW Bush?

Uhhh....DAnr, it was you that brought up the Crimean War.....

Question though,

Who is responsible for ordering the deaths of more Iraqis, Saddam or Dubya??

Is this a good time for body counts???

OK, you change the subject and I'll bite.
No, I dought if if Republicans (or Democrats ) give a shit about the Kurds.
Back to the point (did it go over your head, or did you just ignore it)
He (Sadam) had a WMD (mustard gas) and was willing to use it on inocent people (Kurds).

That point alone make Bush right on the WMD issue.

Unless you think they died from eating mustard sandwichs ?

Question;
Who is responsible for the deaths of more inocent/non-combatants ?

We both know the answer !

Trying to keep Gunner on the point is like herding cats.

Sounds like someone was more guilty of making a sandwich, than a WMD. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Buzz i didn`t know "you" had a sence of humor, That was freaking funny LMAO and A-con/Danr your comebacks were funny as hell too! it will be a miracle if Gunner stays on topic. :D
elkgrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back