Turkeys 3 Us 0

IDduckhntr

Turkey hunting has a new follower!!! Took my daughter out this weekend for her first hunt and my first turkey hunt-WOW! I get it now-it is alot of fun. Had three turkeys gobbling, never got them to come close, probably due to my inexperience but very cool even without it! The coolest (hindsight) part was when we called in WOLVES! They came running right at us after I had made a couple calls. At about 30 yards I started getting real nervous and started yelling-fortunately they took off the other way. Anyone else get their kids out this weekend??

How old is your daughter and did she have fun. I want to take mine but I think she is still too young (6) for a long trip. I would like my wife to bring her out for a few days, not sure if that will happen.

ID,
Good on ya getting your daughter out. It's a real hoot. I took my 11 yr old out 3 yrs ago and she whacked a terrific bird. If you are just getting started into turkeydom, make sure you arm yourself with the knowledge on how to stay safe in the turkey woods! Not only from wolves, but other hunters as well. Tho it's hunting it's really not like any other kind of hunting. Check out our Idaho NWTF website at idahonwtf.org for some more info!
It's not the gobbler it's the gobble.
WD

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back