Tripods and adjutable leg angles?

Bomber

I've always hunted timber in the past, but I'll be in open country and glassing from a tripod for the first time this year. Being new to tripods I have many questions and I've done much research, but the most difficult feature to decide on is adjustable leg angles.

How important are adjustable leg angles when glassing in the field? How often do you find yourself using that feature?

Last edited:
I know I wish mine had it so when I was on my butt I could spread them out and not hit my legs. I have to find the perfect spot so I can actually sit on my ass on flat ground.

You want adjustable leg angles, especially if you are going to glass with binos on the tripod. Being able to put a leg on each side of you while sitting and bring the center of the tripod closer to your body is much more comfortable.

Thanks, guys! That's extremely helpful. I was trying to decide between two tripods, one was a few ounces lighter with one-position legs, the other was a little heavier but with adjustable legs. I think I've decided on the SLIK PRO 330 EZ.

Good choice. You definitely want adjustable. Makes it a lot more stable when you set up on slopes.
Must have feature in my book

Guys, I just want to follow up and thank you for your input. I ended up purchasing a tripod with adjustable leg angles, the Slik Pro 330DX. The tripod is not the lightest on the market, but it's stable and well built, and the leg adjustments allow for much more comfort when I glass sitting down.

So, thanks for the solid advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back