PEAX Equipment

Tripod info

Tater

Just looking for some advice on tripods. Looking at getting a new spotter, leaning toward 80mm, and need a good tripod. Will be on my back a lot so looking for lightweight and solid. Any info would be appreciated, thanks Tater

The Outdoorsmans tripod is lightweight and solid, however it is expensive. I use mine for both my spotter as well as my Leica 15's and love using it.

CABugle

I personally prefer the slick tripods, I find them affordable, lightweight and durable.

As a backup I just ordered a tripod and head off of amazon...the price was so cheap I could not pass it up, 39.99 for the tripod and head. Three position legs and a pistol grip head. Don't know how it will work out, but could not pass it up at this price. The prices have come up a bit on the tripod, but still not a bad deal for a new tripod.
tripod link:
tripod link

head
http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-TS-1-TacShot-Release-Monopods/dp/B003U7SR0U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313353838&sr=1-1

Look at what a company called triclawps has to offer. I want to buy their backpack combo.I currently have a carbon fiber manfretto with the701 head and plates. I use two tripods, but I want to cut some weight with a second tripod and also have both my heads be the same too, I can than mix and match my spotter, binos and the claw which is an awesome gun rest by the way. I like to have the ability to lock a critter up in one tripod with my binos than slide over to my gun in the claw to take the shot.
I have a pistol grip head for my other tripod, but going away I love the 701, its better for glassing with and shooting off of, Take Care JLG.

Last edited:
Back