Tripod for Spotting scope

Jim Bradbury

I have pretty much made up my mind that I am going to purchase a Vortex Razor HD 27-60X85 spotting scope. I have been looking at the different tripods to put under my new spotting scope. I know this is a large adn heavy spotting scope adn I really do not plan to pack it around much in the field. I want it mostly for spotting from the truck, side by side, or quad and then if or when we see an animal that we want to go after. I will hike in from there, That said if I am on the quad. I will be packing these with me in the field. But right now my concern is which tripod to purchase. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

I would look into the vanguard options. I like mine and got a good price from camofire.com. You have to check and see when they have vanguards in their sale.

Slik CF-634 tripod with a Sirui VA-5 Fluid Head. Liked the setup so much I purchased a 2nd one for this coming season.

Slik CF 634 here too, with a Benro S2 pan head and Outdoorsman adapter. Zero complaints whatsoever, if I had to do it all over again I’d get the same setup.

Apparently, I need to look into these slik tripods!

Thanks for the recommendations. The Slik CF is one that I have not seen yet but certainly after everyones suggestions will be looking into them.

Thanks,

Jim

I posted about this once before also. So set me up window mount and tripod for a pentax 80 ed. What should I budget?

I purchased my last Slik tripod and Sirui fluid head from goHunt using promo code RANDY. The tripod was $225 and fluid head was $150 after the discount. I don't like window mounts with large spotting scopes because its not a stable platform, and every time someone moves (even small movements) in the truck the scope shakes. I know some guys like to use them, so it's personal preference. I prefer to use hand held binos from the truck, and I'll get out of the cab if I need to use my 80mm.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back