Trieven Kennels

HONDO

Looking to purchase a new puppy in the Spring. I'm going to get a lab, want a pointing lab. Doing some early research and ran across Trieven Kennels out of Wyoming. Anybody know anything about them?

I looked at Trieven a few years ago. Good lines, but I think there are comparable pups available for less $$$ at other kennels.

Maybe pointing labs are the bomb, but since 98% of my hunting is for waterfowl it was another reason I did not go with them.

Best of luck finding your hunting partner HONDO.

Hey Mtmiller, your from over on the high line according to your "location". You know or heard much about Silverado kennels I believe from Shelby? Might be in Cut Bank. A buddy of mine got a Choco lab from them about 3 years ago, great dog and real mellow. My choco is getting to be around 5 and I was thinking of getting another pup. Mine is a tremendous dog for both water and upland, but the breeder I got him from no longer is in business. Just wondering if you'd heard anything on this breeder.

I have not heard of Siverado kennels, but most of my shopping was via the internet. I will keep my ears open and let you know if I hear anything. Shelby isn't too far, so if you find out more and would like me to take a look at the operation, let me know.

http://www.trieven.trieven-sungold.com/

Click under the "pups" link. I think they are $1,200 and up.

I checked again, looks like they haven't updated their pups. You may want to contact them. You should solicit info on the kennel from other sites also, since I really have no experience with them other than a phone call a couple years ago.

I would check with Turkey Creek Labs the are in Mn but they have great dogs unsure if they have any pointing lines or not but good dogs and good prices.

hondo, I have a customer who just got a lab from triven over in cody the dog looks great I think he paid $1200.00, I think he told me this is he's second dog from this breeder. he is some kind of survery that travels quite a bit next time is see him I wil ask if I can give you his name. also I have a have a pick of the litter coming in MARCH my stud is a waterfowlers dream. I took him to sandpoint idaho over new years for a very nice looking yellow. I'm not sure if I want the dog yet. so it might be for sale then. Also look up www.nextdaypets.com. you can browse all kinds of dogs I just found the site and thought it was farily nice way to cover alot of kennels

pumpgun, what color was your stud? I live in Spokane, Wa (about 70miles from Sandpoint)and am considering a new pup about the time yours is born, but would be looking for another Chocolate. If your's ends up for sale, and Hondo passes on your offer I would maybe want to take a look if he's a choco..

hondo, there was a guy in..homedale that had some pl pups...I don't know if he still has them or not, he posts on another site (I'd put the site up, but I'm afraid moosie would cut me off) if you want, I can send him a message, see if they're still available?

Walt

choc dogs, my stud is a black, last time we breed to this yellow she thru 2 chclates but lost them both. maybe this time. jermy the fella that owns the female is in spokane quite a bit . you might be able to check her out she travels with him constantly.

Ithaca,

My male chocolate had his hips certified by an approved veterinary radiologist at age 2. When I bought him as a pup I was provided documentation of five prior generations having had certified hips as well, which most respectable kennels will be able to provide you with at least the hip certification of the parents and grandparents of the pup. And you can check the provenance of such certification through I believe either the AKC or OFA, one of those two organizations. I was lucky to find a breeder who bred only chocolate males that had only thrown chocolate pups to chocolate females who had only thrown chocolate pups. Obviously I was after a chocolate lab.....:D

I would not buy a pup personally unless both his parents and two prior generations had certified hips as well, as I was told it will skip a generation. I was also able to see his mother hunt and perform blind retireves prior to buying the pup. I did as much research as I could prior to purchasing my first hunting dog, and I have been nothing but happy.

As far as the field trials goes, it seems every breeder I checked into said their dog was a field trials champion or grand champion which made me wonder just how many field trials championships there were:rolleyes: , so I didn't put much weight on that aspect.

dogs that I was talking about parents are hip and eye certified, 26 mos written guarantee. For that kinda money you should get some titled dogs, at least sh or finished on both sides of the pedigree. Most reputable breeders can give you documentation, and for a PL, you'd want some pointing titles too, I'd guess

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back