Yeti GOBOX Collection

Training the "new" hound!

josh

I am working with a five month old walker right now. Most people I know train their hounds running them with older hounds, I like to hunt a young dog alone till we get a couple of coon, they seem to get with the program faster when introduced to hunting in a pack. Just wondering if any of you guys have anything "special" you do with a young hound when training?

I prefer runnin a young dog behind a older broke dog, they might not get the experience of having to start there own tracks but it won't be long till after there competing for the track and the lead and also behind a old broke dog I fell there less prone to trash, if you hunt it alone, just try to hunt it where theres game, some guys try feeder buckets but you don;t want to use them much , cause there smart and will learn to hunt off them, also feeder buckets attract trash also, with a young dog by itself can get sucked into running purty easy, best thing with a young dog is to put it where the games at and turn it loose, not to many dogs become dogs sittin in the dog box or at home on the chain.

------------------
chewin_md_clr.gif
GatoMan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back