Trail cam pics- wowza!

My first trail cam pull was a great disappointment... i had ants get into the camera behind the lens, into the lights, and SD card slot. They were setting off the camera constantly and i had 12,000 pictures until it died. 90% were of nothing.

WATERMAG-Setting up trail cams while eating peanut butter and jelly sam'itches
will bring on the invasion.Ha!,Ha!! :cool:

Jeez....had I known the deer genetics in the area were that great while at nearby Saint John’s U, I would have knocked on a few doors.....

Jeez....had I known the deer genetics in the area were that great while at nearby Saint John’s U, I would have knocked on a few doors.....
We’re close enough to hear the bell towers ring.
We used to cut fire wood in the back woods of SJU years ago and we’ve seen some monsters back in there. It’s a pretty nice area.

Awesome pics! I’d take either one but the second buck would be my main target this season.

We’re close enough to hear the bell towers ring.
We used to cut fire wood in the back woods of SJU years ago and we’ve seen some monsters back in there. It’s a pretty nice area.
I figured you were close. I’ve heard stories of monsters roaming the woods around campus. Went to the Tommie/Johnnie game last year with a guy that lives nearby as well. He verified all the rumors. Good luck....hope he lands on your wall.

Went out last weekend for opener and although I didn’t see any of the big ones it was a fun sit. I had 10 does and fawns within 20 yards. Also on my walk out I glassed into one of our fields and saw another 8 deer with a couple sporting head gear, too dark to tell how big. I would of sat at a stand on that field edge but couldn’t with this southern wind.
My Pops was on the other side of our property and had 21 deer at one time out in the field in front of him. One really big 8 and a couple basket rack bucks.
All in all we saw close to 40 different deer opening night.
Feels great to be back out in the woods!

Attachments

• 8A68539E-3BB5-447A-9441-7751403C5C48.jpeg
    8A68539E-3BB5-447A-9441-7751403C5C48.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 12
Great year on the Kaibab, AZ.

Attachments

• Burn buck 2019.JPG
    Burn buck 2019.JPG
    993.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Drop Tine buck 2 2019.JPG
    Drop Tine buck 2 2019.JPG
    770.5 KB · Views: 11