PEAX Equipment

TRADING SCOPES!!!

antelopedundee

Once in awhile if selling a scope I'll get a PM or email asking about trades. I realize I should just say not interested in trading or trade only for CASH, but what's the likelihood of getting the short end of the stick if one does trade? I assume both sides agreed that return privileges are in order if one or the other party is unhappy with the deal. How do you determine fair value? Personally I would trade only if it was new for new.

I would trade for items of equal value that you need/want. Don't trade for something you have no use for. I've made some interesting trades in my time where we both were very happy with our end of the deal.

Once in awhile if selling a scope I'll get a PM or email asking about trades. I realize I should just say not interested in trading or trade only for CASH, but what's the likelihood of getting the short end of the stick if one does trade? I assume both sides agreed that return privileges are in order if one or the other party is unhappy with the deal. How do you determine fair value? Personally I would trade only if it was new for new.
Trade things you don’t want for things you do want. You’ll almost never be trading two items of exact same value. If you’re the kind of guy who might decide you didn’t want something once you have it in hand, do everyone a favor and don’t make trade deals. Shipping items back and forth is not cheap. The only reason I’d let someone “return” something on a trade is if it didn’t function as it should have when it arrives. I’ve traded dozens of times over various forums and don’t think I’ve ever had an instance where someone wanted to undo a trade.

You always have the right to say "sorry, but that doesn't interest me".

Myself, I've always traded for cash.
One easy payment. Lol
Or include in your post that you aren't interested in trades. Every offer that I can remember was always for something that I'd have to sell to get the cash out of it. Those wanting to trade might be better served selling what they don't want and have the cash ready to buy when opportunity presents itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back