MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Tough time to be a game warden in Montana?

And the auditors noted the upheaval in the enforcement division office, citing the former chief who was placed on administrative leave in 2022, then retired with a settlement payment

I suspect a lot has to do with this statement

HR issues in the gov (state and fed) have gotten really bad. I keep hearing of big turn over with people leaving their position and nobody takes on their workload or everything gets put to the bottom of the pile. A friend down the hall advertised a job in June after nearly 100 days they finally made an offer. The only qualified applicant already had a different job.

Anybody else wonder if this is the actual reason the former chief pulled the plug? He knew this story was going to come out so he decided to cut and run?

Last edited:
One issue at least in the private sector is people who engage in "quiet quitting". And for WFH people, the WSJ had an article a while back discussing employee WFH work time and habits -- seems like one trend is that employees are more likely engage in exercise/dog walking or other personal activities at some point during the "normal" work day hours. Another trend or pattern was to not work between 4-6 pm, but then later the same evening put in a few more work hours. Yet a third trend is to spend time posting on social media, like HT (jk).

Over the past few years I've interacted with various State agencies (not MT), and while agency employees are nice, it seems as though trying to get anything done takes about 10x longer than it should. Some in the private sector are also a lot slower than what they used to be. I think it's just a different world now. Maybe if unemployment rate goes up to a healthy 7+ percent, people will be more motivated to keep the job they have.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back