Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Thoughts on EXO Mountain Gear pack

starvingoutdoorsman

I like the price point, weight, and other features that I see on the pack. Curious of what people who have used them think. Id love a Kirafu or Stone Glacier but they are either way to expensive for what I want in a pack or not enough features in the few I have in my price range it seems. I had a Mystery Ranch but sold it to my boss as it was just way to much for how I hunt and way to heavy (around 9+ lbs) for day trips so I sold it to my boss since he spends weeks at a time deep in the back-country in various places around the world. I would not hesitate to buy another MR pack either but that would all depend on a few things.

So many packs, so little time till spring... :eek:

I have the Stone Glacier SOLO and have LOVED the pack since I first put it on (Kurt did a wonderful job designing this pack IMHO).

Also, I received an EXO pack from Extreme Elk / S&S Archery and will put it to the test this fall.

Regarding your question, my first thoughts is that EXO put some thought into the pack. It feels good to put on and wear around. We'll see how it handles heavy loads.

I just got one of the 5500 inch packs.No chance to hunt with it yet but I have carried 90 lbs in it and it felt as good as 90 lbs could.Seems to be very well thought out and well made
Tim

I have the 3500 and absolutely love it. I packed out a mulie and an elk this year and it was as comfortable as you could ask for. I let a couple buddies try it out on those pack out and now they are purchasing one. The customer service is outstanding. Steve and Lenny are more than willing to answer any questions. They have called and asked for any feed back I had on the pack, just showing how willing they are to make improvements to the pack.

Oh and they sent a Christmas card with a "soda pop" opener. Can't say enough good things about the pack or company

I didn't get to use mine nearly as much as I had hoped, but I will give the Exo pack and company high marks. This is my first new pack in about 15 years so I can't compare it to any of the competitors.

I got a 3500 and love it. My brother used it too and is ordering one. I don't think you will be disappointed, it is a well thought out pack. This was just a 2 day hunt, he hated the eberlestock X2 after wearing my Exo. I had all our food, jet boil, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, 2 liter bladder, water filter, nalgene, extra clothes and still had room for more stuff, easily a 3-5 day pack if you can pick even a little better than me.

Attachments

• IMAG0773.jpg
    IMAG0773.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 2,980
I have a stone glacier solo and the exo 3500.

I have packed a half elk out with the SG and it halls nice. Only complaint with the SG is the lack of pockets for organizing gear.

I used the exo 3500 all last fall and packed a mule deer out quartered with backstraps and scraps whole in one trip a little over a mile in rugged country and i also packed a moose out with it. The load on the Exo carries just as good as on the SG plus you get the added benefit of multiple pockets for gear. The exo has a side pocket that will house a rifle stock and scope keeping them protected. The other side pocket can store a large spotter fully protected. With the SG you have to buy more accessories to accomplish all that the Exo can do. There are other benefits of the exo too but these are what stood out most to me. Both companies have exceptional customer service from what i hear although i have only dealt with Exo becsuse I really grilled them on the bag before i purchased to make sure that selling my MR longbow for the Exo 3500 would not be a mistake. I have not looked back.

I like both packs but the Exo is every bit as good for nearly $200 less.

I have the 3500 and absolutely love it. I packed out a mulie and an elk this year and it was as comfortable as you could ask for. I let a couple buddies try it out on those pack out and now they are purchasing one. The customer service is outstanding. Steve and Lenny are more than willing to answer any questions. They have called and asked for any feed back I had on the pack, just showing how willing they are to make improvements to the pack.

Oh and they sent a Christmas card with a "soda pop" opener. Can't say enough good things about the pack or company

Thats funny.I got a beer bottle opener with mine:):)

Thanks for the input! I think I will pull the trigger on one shortly! I love custom packs like this but it sucks you generally do not have a chance to touch one before buying. Thanks again!

I've looked at these packs and they are cool. Right when they came out I thought the price point was in the $250 range....now I see on their site they are $450. Am I remembering that original price correctly? Maybe it comes with a couple Benji's in the pocket!

I've looked at these packs and they are cool. Right when they came out I thought the price point was in the $250 range....now I see on their site they are $450. Am I remembering that original price correctly? Maybe it comes with a couple Benji's in the pocket!

I pre ordered mine and it was $400 after a $50 pre order discount. I don't think it was ever that low. While this pack is not cheap, I believe the price point is ok. 350 to 400 would probably be better though.

If you are thinking of buying one, I would jump on it. I would put money on it that they will raise the price soon as people learn it is top quality and they establish themselves to close in on the gap between SG and MR. They are leaving about $100 on the table per sale right now.

Back