Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Thor bullets and pellets

Dougfirtree

I recently ordered a sizing kit for Thor bullets. Looking at them in person, it makes me wonder whether there would be any issues getting them seated consistantly over pelletized powder? I'm wondering if that little hollow rim at the base of the bullet might pinch a pellet against the side of the barrel on one shot, then slide down over it on the next? I know there are some Thor users on this site. Anyone shooting them over pellets with good results?

Looks like my rifle is a .500 bore, though the bullet went down easier than my sabots do... The .5001 bullet barely made is through the barrel.

It shouldn’t matter. Proper seating pressure usually somewhat crushes the pellets anyway. In general, I would encourage you to use loose powder though.

I recently ordered a sizing kit for Thor bullets. Looking at them in person, it makes me wonder whether there would be any issues getting them seated consistantly over pelletized powder? I'm wondering if that little hollow rim at the base of the bullet might pinch a pellet against the side of the barrel on one shot, then slide down over it on the next? I know there are some Thor users on this site. Anyone shooting them over pellets with good results?

Looks like my rifle is a .500 bore, though the bullet went down easier than my sabots do... The .5001 bullet barely made is through the barrel.
I've been shooting the Thor bullets for a while, but like winmag says, I use powder - BH 209 gives me the best performance.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back