Yeti GOBOX Collection

Thompson Center Compass - trouble mounting rings on weaver rail

LaSportsman

*** This is an edit to my original post. I solved my own problem with the weaver mounts but still want to replace them to give more flexibility on eye relief. ***

Just got a Thompson Center Compass 300 Win Mag. Moved a Vortex Diamondback from my muzzleloader and Vortex Pro rings from my 30-06. I had issues with the rings at first but got it to work but because the TC Compass has a split base with one mounting position, I have no adjustment for eye relief. I will probably quickly upgrade the scope to get more eye relief as well but want to put a one piece base to provide flexibility.

I'm struggling to find a replacement online. I know the TC Compass is cheap so aftermarket anything might be hard to find. Anyone have a Compass or Venture and replace the Weaver mounts? Looking for ideas.

Last edited:
I have a TC Compass 300wm also. I originally had a DNZ game reaper and a Vortex crossfire 6-18×44. Eye relieve was at the limit for me. I switched to a leupold freedom 6-18×40 and a DNZ, it's longer bodied so I can get it lower and get more adjustment for eye relief. Works well.

I use EGW one piece bases on everything but my Ruger 77s. They have a dovetail setup.

I really like the EGW bases.
They are picatinny rails, but your Weaver rings will fit on them.
And they are priced wallet friendly.
One thing to note with the EGW bases are they are kinda tall.
My 50mm objective scope still uses the low Vortex Viper rings.

Thanks. I'll check those out. I have a DNZ Reaper on my CVA muzzleloader. Leupold's site says their Savage 10/110 Backcountry aluminum ring base combo fits the TC. I'm going to a 30mm scope so I need new rings anyway.

Started break-in this morning and I was pleased with the rifle. I have the MCarbo spring kit that I need to change out. I overlooked ordering the superlube when I ordered the kit so I waited to install the springs.

I have a TC Compass 300wm also. I originally had a DNZ game reaper and a Vortex crossfire 6-18×44. Eye relieve was at the limit for me. I switched to a leupold freedom 6-18×40 and a DNZ, it's longer bodied so I can get it lower and get more adjustment for eye relief. Works well.

What height did you use with a a 44? Looking at Leupold VX-5HD 3-15 x 44mm. I think I should be fine with medium.

Back