The ones that got away

I had a nice SoCal buck get away a few years back. I had picked up a nice 4x4 on one of my cameras. I made the hike into a thick, brushy area almost everyday for several weeks. I was able to locate the does so I know he'd be there eventually, I just had to be patient. Finally, on a beautiful foggy morning he showed up. I had snuck into 250 yards. I took a shot... and whiffed. It was pretty painful, but thats hunting right. A few days later during a coffee/hot cocoa drive with my daughter we spotted that buck feeding in an apple orchard. I knew he was still healthy (at the time I was worried I wounded him). We sat and watched him and admired how cool he was. Fast forward a year and while shed hunting with my little brother we found his deadhead. I think a lion must have got him. Either way, we finally got out hands on him and get to see him at my brothers house and relive the adventures we had chasing him around. That was the short version of a long story... what were we talking about again? haha. Ya, bucks that got away are what keep me going. It's such a great challenge.

Attachments

• IMG_3563.PNG
    IMG_3563.PNG
    521.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3564.PNG
    IMG_3564.PNG
    4.9 MB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB