PEAX Equipment

The old farmer and his wife

Lefty

A very old couple sat on their front porch in their rocking chairs. As they sat rocking, the old farmer looked at his wife and asked "Minnie, were you ever sorry you married me?" "Why?", she asks. "Well, I've got a confession to make." he answers. He gets out of his rocker, goes in the house, and comes back out with their wedding album from many years ago. He proceeds to remove two pressed roses from between the pages. "I once swore that if I was ever unfaithful to you, I would place a rose between the pages of this book. There are two roses here, one for each time. You said you would love me forever. What do you say now?" And he hands her the two lovely roses from his youthful indescretions. "Well, I have a confession to make, too." she says, and goes into the house. She comes back with a small cedar box. She hands him the box, saying "Open it." He does, and finds inside two soybeans, and a stack of $100 bills. He begins to count the money, and finds over $5000 inside. He looks puzzled, and she explains. "I swore if I was ever unfaithful to you, I would place a soybean in this box, to remind me of my dalliance."
"OK, but what is this money for?", he asks.
"Well, one thing you always told me that I never forgot was 'Dammit, Minnie, if soybeans EVER get over 6 dollars a bushel, SELL'." :D :D :D
Lefty

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ December 01, 2001 18:54: Message edited by: Lefty ]</font>

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burger hunter
Back