MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

the cube????

tnctcb

i might have messed up when i bought this thing. |oo |oo i tried to take the cheap way out by not buying the block. i shoot a 70 pound bow with 55/75 gold tip carbon arrows.when i shoot into the cube my arrow goes in all the way to the fletching and is almost impossible to get out, i cant pull it straight out i have to twist it back and forth to get them out.does anyone else have this problem and is the block any better. i have seen a carbon block for carbon arrows does that really make a difference :confused: is there something better i could use, i dont need it to be mobile it is for back yard setup.

Sorry about the "Cube" deal. I almost bought the cube, but at the last minute I went with the "Block". I'm shooting Vapor 55/70's and so far I've only shot fieldpoints, but they don't go in more than 1/2 way (only 55lb draw weight). I have yet to site in my broadheads and I hear that they tear up the Block! Well, I guess any broadhead will destroy any target. I just hope my block lasts a while.

You might try something I heard some guy talking about on Archerytalk. He went to his local hardware store and bought heavy styrofoam 4x8x4 and cut it to make his own target. I did the same to act as a backstop around my block. He cut it into 4 equal pieces and taped it solid. He says it works great! I haven't missed my block yet so I don't know how well it works....wish I could say the same for my boy(reason for the back stop). Man these arrows are expensive!

Good luck and I'm looking forward to meeting you at the hog hunt!

John- You gotta watch going the styro route depending upon the density.
A few years back I thought I'd get cute and save a buck or two by using the high density styro from an old hot tub cover to make a target with. I cut the (it was a sheet 4" thick and about 5' square) sheet into four equal pieces and made a frame out of some scrap lumber to put them in (stacked one atop the other) and then made a handy little clip device to put in paper targets.

THe whole thing "looked" great ... till I shot my first couple of arrows (carbon Gold Tips) and literally had to dismantle the thing to pull them out of the styro! :mad: I basically had to stand on top of the sheets to pull them out with two hands. I put a light coat of wax on the shafts just for grins and tried it again...same results :MAD

....gave it to the kid next door who added a piece of 3/4 plywood to the back and uses it for his air rifle backstop ..... and I bought the 18" Block :rolleyes:

:D Thanks for the heads up, Marv! I guess we'll see what happens. You know I'll never miss my Block! LOL!

Tnctcb
Take a look at the Morrels yellow jacket BH target I picked one up for less than the Block. Its a little bigger than the block and it works pretty well for our BH w/ carbons.
Just my 2 c

Joe C

Back